Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Happy Book - what made me happy this week.


Hi All.
I am participating in the Happy Book Blog with Jamie Ridler and her merry bloggers.

I have had many challenges this year thus far and I actually did not post my happy week last Friday, I was finding it tough to see the happy moments in my life.

This week though the stress of work and some family health issues are still happening I really wanted to take some time to think of the happy moments.

So here are some happy moments from my week:

1. Having some girl time with some friends, just chatting over a few drinks, it was a nice stress reliever.

2. Playing with my puppy Bella, always makes for a happy moment.



3. Just standing outside letting the sun beam on to my face, it has been so cold, snowy and dreary here the last few weeks I was truly happy to see the sun come out.



4. Hearing the bird songs getting louder each morning, a sure sign that Spring is right around the corner, and the days are getting longer another sign.

I hope you enjoyed your week and I look forward to reading about your happy moments this week.

I leave you with this sunny song:

Here Comes the Sun

Namaste,
KAren

7 comments:

Ginny said...

I am so glad that you were able to find some happy moments this week. Your pictures were wonderful. I know how you feel about the sun on your face. It has been cold and dreary here and now that it 50 degrees everyone is out in shorts. It seems like everyone is so ready for spring. Have a wonderful week.

Lisa @sacred circle said...

How wonderful that you were able to sit with some happy moments within the angst and chaos.... beautiful perspective! Hugs!

Diva Kreszl said...

glad to see you're paying attention to all the blessings in your life dear Karen! I started keepng a gratitude journal a few years ago and I highly recommend it. Each day I hade to list five things I was grateful for and though there were days it was tough, it helped me refocus on the positive!

Helen said...

Your Bella put a smile on my face. Let's hope the spring brings plenty more happy moments. Thanks for sharing yours!

Lis said...

you have no idea how happy this all makes me! first off, i am a HUGE beatles/george fan and for a while i would not leave my house until i played Here Comes the Sun and Dear Prudence. I need to get those songs on my ipod :)

and yes, after this long cold winter, it is a practice of defiance to face each day and decide to embrace the beauty of it all ... spring is coming and until it arrives, i will choose happy in every moment.

thank you for this wonderful reminder :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh I so love happy lists - they make ME happy! So sweet.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Aww hon..I am so sorry things are so stressful right now..sadly I can relate...can't seem to get it all together the last couple of weeks. I am sending gentle hugs to you ..can you feel them hon!!
I missed wishcasting last week..totally felt it..I should not have skipped it! Won't tomorrow!
Glad ya found some happy things...I love the dog picture..she is darling..may I draw her? The burger picture is a stitch!!
Hugs and love, Sarah