
Image: Google Images
Hi fellow wishers and dreamers. Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studio the wish prompt is: What do you wish to pay attention to?
Wow another big wish and so important. I am squeezing my wish in from work, which is in an accounting office and has been so busy I have barely had time to blog.
I know I am lucky to have a job and I am happy for that but I am unhappy with the stress right now, which leads me to something I need to pay attention to: MY BODY and how it reacts to stress. With all the stress at work coupled with some personal stress at home my body feels like it is in a constant knot. My stomach is clenching all day, which then activates my heartburn. I need to pay attention to the signals my body send me and tend to my health. During stressful times I tend to gravitate towards carbs and sweets, which then makes my stomach feel even worse.
Some other things I would like to pay attention to are:
My reactions to others moods. I am a very empathic/sensitive person and when people are in bad moods I always think "what have I done" even though I know it is usually NOT about me, it is just that I feel it so strongly. I need to build those boundaries instead of just getting overloaded emotionally which then just shuts me down and then I am no help to myself or others.
My time and how I spend it, I say I am busy and have no time but.. the reality is I am sure I have a good 6 hours of time before or after work and I could allocate some of that to creative/nuturing endeavors, even if it is just 1 hour.
My story that I tell myself about myself. I would like to stop the old tape that keeps running in my head the one I tell myself and others, the one that says I am damaged and don't feel worthy of love and good health. It is in my power to end that story and start a new chapter, one of healing and love.
I have to run now and get back to work but I look forward to reading your wishes later tonight.
I leave you with this Irish Blessing this day.
An Old Irish Blessing
May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!
Namaste,
Karen
12 comments:
Wow Karen, I could've written that post myself!
Sounds very familiar....
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her with all my heart!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Isn't is amazing how our bodies are always trying to move towards health and healing, which sometimes means letting us know when things are out of balance that we must change.
Lately, my "mantra" seems to be this teaching from my spiritual teacher, Swami Kripalu "self awareness with compassion is the highest spiritual practice." You've been gifted the awareness of negative habits/thought patterns ... now healing can begin.
And you know, the waters of creativity act as a balance for the fires of the 3rd chakra!
here's a hug for you simply because you are working in an accounting office during tax season :) (i have an accounting degree, so i know lol). i hope you get everything that you wish for and more!! hugs sweetie!!
Karen, I so relate to ALL of this. The first two are intertwined -- feeling the stress on our own bodies can be difficult to discern when we are also embodying others' feelings. Yet paying attention to your body will hopefully prevent you from suffering the illness of stress as I have. I have to do body scans regularly to see where I am holding stress and breathe relaxation into the muscles. Without this awareness I will never get well but only get worse. When I had a stressful job, I would try to take a conscious deep breath and scan at the top of every hour and when I needed a little more quiet I would take a bathroom break. Every little bit helps.
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!!
Karen I understand what you are saying. I'm also an empath.
Please know you are loved. Sending you Irish wishes as well.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
Yes, paying attention to your body and it's signals are definitely worth your wish today! As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
yes karen, please destroy that tape! you are worthy!
as karen wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Love the Irish poem...
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I can so relate to every word hon...especially the empathic part...I have to protect myself or I get sucked right into feeling bad too!! Sending gentle energizing hugs to you my friend!
Hugs & love, Sarah
I think a long soak in a hot bubble bath is in order for you tonight! As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Post a Comment