![]() |
| Light through dying leaf |
Good morning my fellow wishers and dreamers. Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studios the wish prompt is: What do you wish to fly free from?
I wish to fly free from this inertia and apathy that has invaded my life. I have lost my spark and I have not been myself for quite some time.
As a child I played a caretaking role in my family and then as I became a teen and young adult I carried that over to my friendships as well as my family. I was the one who made sure everyone got home safe and sound and worried about everyone and everything. My family as well as my friends always came to me with their problems and I felt so responsible to them, to be what they needed. But who was there for me, not many. My Dad especially relied on me for emotional support all his life since my Mother was closed off emotionally to everyone. To this day she still can't say "I LOVE YOU" to anyone, it is just "you know" and I feel like screaming "NO I DON"T KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!"
Then a few years ago there were 4 deaths in my family, 2 Aunts (close as mothers) my Dad and my Father in Law, all from cancer and all drawn out. I was heavily involved in caretaking and was actually there when 2 of them died. In the years since I feel like parts of me have died with them. I have succumbed to inertia and apathy and can't even seem to care that I have gained 50 pounds in the last 10 years.
But you know that is NOT true, I refuse to believe that I will continue this way. I keep showing up in small ways. I sign up for e-courses, I participate in Wishcast, I attended Squam Artworkshops, I support other artists, I have reached out more for help. This points to the light that is still in me, it's just trying to find the way out of the dark. I AM stronger then even I know.
I was reminded of all this during an intuitive reading/painting done by Charlie (Shamsi). She correctly pointed out this apathy without knowing me that well, she could not have known. Charlie also said the way out for me would be creating and storytelling which was a confirmation of what I already knew. Now my dear ones the trick is to blindfold that apathy and inertia so it can't stop me from finding my way.
I feel like the picture above that I took for Tracey Clark over at Big Pictures e-course, a dying leaf with the light shining through the middle, I will find my way and I am thankful to all your support and witness to this journey I am on.
Here is another project I was working on with my Squam roomies which was inspired by Susannah Conway's shoot the red. It was especially challenging for me since the week was quite gloomy but all in all I was amazed at how much red is out there. Enjoy the slide show.
May all that you wish for come to be. Have a great day.
Namaste,
Karen
Namaste,
Karen

23 comments:
For all that Karen wishes, so deeply and honestly, so too do I wish for Karen all the wings possible to fly her heart and soul where she needs to be. (((♥))) BIg Hugs my friend.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well with all my heart.
Blessings.
Tabitha
http://theknittingjourneymanrefitted.wordpress.com/
I'm "Bearing Witness" for you, as our beloved Jen Lee told us. And excellent job of letting yourself "Be Seen". Your story hits home in a lot of ways for me, too. We must find a way to care for ourselves. We must love ourselves first.
Sending you a huge Squammie hug,
Lily
Your post is very moving--it sounds like you have given and given until there is nothing left. It's time for you to nourish your body and spirit. As Karen wishes for herself, I heartily wish for her.
p.s. Your RED slideshow is terrific!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I´m also the "mother hen" type, the one that everyone turns to in times of trouble and in that aspect I can understand you. That being said, I´ve in no way been through something like you have. {{{big hugs for you}}}
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.
You know what , life is just one big journey , with a past and a present and we have to try to let go of our past yet learn from it and most of all not take ourselves for granted and of course heal. But just like Deepak Chopra says and others like him , that is one of the biggest test to the soul. As for loved ones , they take love for granted cuz you are always loving them. Trust me I know I feel like that sometimes as well, my husband these days , tells me he loves me every morning , I think it started when he had a nightmare that I was gone. You can wait for your hubby to have a nitemare or you can just talk to him about it , tell him it would be your TLC to tell you he loves you from time to time. : )
AS Karen wishes for herself , I wish for her also.
I love you Karen! XOXO : )
I really understand what you are writing about. Maybe tell your man that Love is a verb. It is something that you do. You want to be in love than you have to create it. Obviously you have given and given and given in your life. My wish for you is that you can begin to receive all that your beautiful soul and heart deserve. Much love/ Ss you wish for yourself so I wish for you also
Fondly
Lynna G
Karen!!! Now I want fudge AND peppermint patties! Just remember that caring for others doesn't mean taking care of everyone but yourself. Give some of that wonderful compassion to yourself and don't forget to get your bucket filled every now and again. xxx
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also. I wish for her wings to grow stronger, keeping her heart soft and her soul free.
Breathe through your heart space.
Namaste,
Ruth
Keep going, don't let go of this dream.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
Oh Squammie Sister, you ARE stronger ... and brighter and Lighter and more Inspiring than you realize ... yet. I hope this journey helps you to see all that we are blessed to see.
Years ago I read a story by Isak Dinesen where the character discusses how being "In love" is a transitory state and that she rather "be loved' - something more enduring and deeper ... the one seems more "mature" than the other ...
I hope you will continue to share your story ... it is the greatest act of self care you can do ... finding meaning and power behind your experiences which in turn inspires us to do the same with our lives.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
and you rocked the Red!
xo Lis
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Keep reaching out to people who will reflect your light back to you. You can do it. I did.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Yes you WILL find your way.
I was once as lost as you are now ...it took me a long time to find my path ... and to value myself enough to make choices for me.
As Karen wishes for herself I so lovingly wish this for her also. xx
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
As Karen wishes for herself, I so truly and lovingly wish for her as well.
As always, beautifully put, my dear! And I LOVED all your reds - really captures your corner of the world, too. Thank you so much for sharing and for your honesty. As you wish for yourself, so too do I wish for you wholeheartedly!!
Karen, your heart and soul are tender and honest. You are strong beyond belief. While you are waiting for others to give something to you ... decide what you will do with this day. I have a little note on my laptop screen that asks "What is my reality today." It's all I have, so each day I must face my reality, and decide what I will do to take care of myself.
Please take good care, and know that many people love you.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her also.
love and hugs,
Jane
thank you so much for sharing! i so wish you all of the best in the world. this is my first time here at your beautiful blog and i have to say i am just so inspired by you! i love reading about squam and everything you've been working on! thank you so much for being an inspiration to me.
best wishes to you!
juliette
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
Karen
I am so moved by your honest words and by the overwhelming support of your friends! YOU ARE LOVED!!!
Really liked your RED pics too
Continue to care for yourself and tell your story so that we can all shout in unison:
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well, with all my heart!
xoxox
Post a Comment