Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wishcast Wed/52 Photos Project


Good Morning August Breakers, wishers and fellow photogs today is Wednesday and that means wishing with Jamie Ridler and sharing pictures at Bella's 52 Photos Project.  The prompts are:

Wishcasting prompt from Jamie Ridlers Studios: What do you wish to choose?
Bella's 52 Photos Project: Black and White.

This week's wish is very timely as I have been trying to choose something these last few weeks.  I tend to over analyze when making decisions, especially in regards to how my decision may impact others or how it may make others feel about me, do you know what I mean? 

The decision centers around a workshop that is calling to my creative heart and it's within driving distance which is big for me as I don't like to fly.  I would have to miss 3 days of work unpaid and a play that my boss invited me and another co-worker to as an after tax season bonus. This workshop would put me in the creative space I have been longing for so you think the decision would be an easy one but no I am sitting here worrying about how she will feel if I don't go to the play even though she did not clear the dates ahead, she just bought the tickets.

The other main issue was finding a ride share as the trip would be a long one to do solo and I wasn't seeing anyone going from my area. Long story short I decided Sunday to just let go of the anxiety of making this decision and I said if it's meant to be something will facilitate it.  I am not one to just let things go like that but I was driving myself a bit batty. 

Well I guess I should know by now that if you put things out there don't be surprised when the Universe provides.  The next day I received an email from someone in my area who was thinking of going and wanted to know if she did would I like to drive together!!!!  If we can both work it out I will be heading to this workshop and if it doesn't I know the opportunity will come around again.  The big lesson for me was once I let go of the anxiety and stress the choice became clear, always choose with the heart whenever it's possible.

This quote also came my way this week, another timely reminder.

"Let yourself by silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really LOVE."  - Rumi

The pictures I chose for the Black and White challenge over at Bella's are 2 of my favorite black and whites. The feather pic is very comforting to me and I love the texture I can sense through the picture.  The second one of my necklaces and Kuan Yin are my visual reminders to have compassion, faith, courage and love.

So my fellow wishers what are you wishing to choose this week?  As you wish for yourself, I am wishing for you also.

Namaste,
Karen

13 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

How cool that you received the answer so soon.Enjoy your course.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like everything is working for your best... As you wish for yourself, I wish also for you.

Dominee said...

I choose to be authentic. :)
As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you also.

Cinnamon owl said...

I love the textures in the feather picture as well- the silkiness of the feather, the cool grass (or scratchy!).

Janece said...

Wow, how exciting! It appears that the Universe is totally supporting your desire (your REAL desire) to go to the creative workshop. How fun is that? Surely you will come up with just the right words to break it to your boss. Sending you extra mojo for this one!

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well!

urban muser said...

love the feather photo. i hope you make it to the workshop (if it's meant to be, that is :)

Talibah said...

I love both of your photos! Visiting from 52 photos!

Cindi said...

I love when the Universe provides when we just step back and make room in our lives to be blessed! As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!

Kate's Healthy Home said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

erleichda said...

i love the picture with the feather. lonely...

carol l mck said...

Wonderful photos and As Karen wishes for herself so I wish for her also ~ enjoy ~ namaste, Carol
visiting from 52 Photos Project ~ mine is A Creative Harbor

Bella said...

Beautiful photos, Karen! And yes to letting go and allowing the pieces to fall into place! xo

Mary-Michael said...

Karen, what a lovely little story. I am so glad you found a ride and hope you will report back on your creative fun. Your post was a good reminder to just let things take their course. Thanks for posting.