![]() |
| The color of the Season - Restaurant Tree - Iphone |
Prompts:
Bella Photography Prompt: The Colors of the Season
Jamie's Wish Prompt: What do you wish to celebrate.
The picture above to me represents the colors I love most during this season: red, green, gold and white, a magical combination that really helps to lift my spirits during the grey days of fall and winter.
What I wish to celebrate is not just the joy, good will, community and festivity of the season but also the darker days, the colder nights, the turning inward that natural occurs this time of year. There are many gifts both light and dark to this season and I wish to celebrate them all.
My first picture for Vivienne's Getting Through the Grey class illustrates my point above. While attending a family funeral this week I shot this picture. It was a grey and rainy day and at first all I could "see" was sadness and gloom in that cemetery. I decided to stop for a moment and take a deeper look and what I saw then was a solemn beauty and I thought it's not just happy and bright or sad and dark but a combination of greys that held both.
![]() |
| Cemetery - Dec 2011 - iPhone |
This week I am also embarking on a Pursuit of Healthfulness with Melissa over at My Red Tutu. You can read our first posts here: Pursuit of Healthfulness - the beginning. All are welcome to join in, I would love to hear your stories as well.
Special Birthday Shout Out to the wonderful Jamie Ridler who continues to inspire me everyday!
Namaste,
Karen


9 comments:
Beautiful picture and wishes. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.
Love your cemetary shot!
The cemetery shot is lovely!
Your post is similar to mine, celebrating both the turning inward & the Light! I love the blues - saw a beautiful blue banner with blue christmas lights & hangings that included gold/silver foil pieces - stunning!
As you wish to celebrate, so I celebrate & wish with you!
After visiting Red Tutu, I wanted to share this with you as well - a post from my friend Emily yesterday (her daughter Julie was Dx with Celiac last summer, so Emily had the DNA test & a panel that ID other food sensitivities - she went GF & dairy, egg & soy free in Sept - had been on weight Watchers since earlier in the year)
"MEGA HAPPY DANCE!!! Just got my lab results. My triglycerides dropped 80 points and is now 118- Normal. My cholesterol dropped 30 points to 189- Normal. My LDL is Normal. My HDL is normal and up 3 points- I attribute this to my change of what I eat- No gluten, egg, soy and dairy. Minimal sugar. I eat lots of nuts, do fish oil, coconut oil and olive oil. Eating good organic healthy meat including bacon! Have also lost 10 pounds since July. Celebrating with this post and a bowl of butternut leek curry soup! Wooo hooooooooooo!!!!! Thanks Julie, Sherill and Nadya for inspiring me!!!!"
whoot whoot!! Dancing to her (& our) health!! (I've been GF 2 1/2 years, & am SO happy with the results - still 'tweeking' my personal health dance! Mostly Dairy free since the fall as well)
Lovely photo! As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.
I especially like the part about also celebrating the dark cold turning inward of the winter holiday season.
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
Namaste! As you wish, I wish also.
Love your photo my friend! It is truly beautiful! I took Viv's You are your own Muse this summer and it changed my photography life. I may have to get in the Grey class next time she offers. You are on fire with your creativity girl, I love seeing all that you are doing!
Blessings and love to you!
Donna
The photo of the tree taken with you iPhone is magnificent!
Post a Comment