
Hello fellow Joy Dieters. This process has been very topsy turvy for me, I am up then I am down then I spin myself around! I am really enjoying being shaken up a bit because you know it is better than the numbness I was experiencing in my life.
I am acutally FEELING things and that is a very good thing.
So this week in the Joy Diet is RISK and here is what Martha Beck says: Risk: Take one baby step toward reaching your goal. The only rule is it has to scare the pants off you.
Some of you may know I sometimes express my feelings in poetry, not pretty, flowy poetry, but short static rhyming poems, that is just the way my brain is producing poetry right now. I have had no training in poetry or creative arts, I have just been dipping me toes in. I am going to take a BIG RISK here and share some of my poems that come from a deep, sometimes dark place in me. I would like to shed some light on them. I figure if I really want to explore poetry and put myself out there with my words I have to willing to expose myself to others, even if I RISK them judging me.
I would like to learn more about poetry and poetry writing along with some art techniques because one of my dreams is to run one day retreats for like minded souls where I can lead them in different art projects and such. So this next year I am going to try to learn and grow as an artist and a poet.
Here are some of my words that came from a place in me that is slowly being uncovered. I am giving that side of me it's say.
Thanks for listening.
1.
You look at her with something in her eyes
while I watch something within slowly dies
do you see me here where I stand
won't you reach out with your hand
I've tried to tell you how I feel
now it's left for me to heal
2.
Put on the weight, the protection you need
if you were sensual, where would that lead
somewhere unknown and not so sure
to be loved, to be touched, not impure
are you ready now to take that chance
to wake from this self imposed trance
3.
Raised in fear, not knowing what to trust
bodyguards and bullets, they were a must
in hiding, when can we go home
out there, does danger still roam
how can the child figure it out
finding trust, when there's only been doubt
4.
What would it feel like without the guilt and shame
Can I live with myself with no one else to blame
Did the choices I make help pave the way
though I may have felt that I had no say
Letting go of the past and the hold it has on me
May this be the beginning of setting myself free
Namaste my fellow dieters. See you here next week, same bat time, same bat channel.
14 comments:
Wow, thank you for sharing your powerful poems and letting us in some of the depth of who you are. You poems are beautiful and insightful... they remind me of song lyrics...
I admire you for the risk you felt you took in sharing your poetry. It's scary to write from the heart and put yourself out there for judgement.
But you know what!?! You did it!! You took the small step, leapt toward you goal and survived to conquer a new fear tomorrow!!
Yay you!
I'm glad you risked and posted your thoughts and your poetry. I'm glad that you are delving into something that is speaking to you -- I don't know a lot about poetry but I like what you've written. I like the flow and the emotion you are expressing. Keep putting yourself into the world..don't stay small..live large and the joy will become part of who you are!
Hi Karen, love your post this week - thank you for sharing so much - I love the poetry
PS Yes we are swap partners are LaWendula's - send me your address at cathy.bluteau@videotron.ca
Hooray for you, for taking this risky step of putting yourself out there. And doesn't that feel good? Here's to continued learning and growing, and to pursuing your heart's desires!
Thanks for sharing your poetry! I really enjoyed reading them!
love this! love your poetry, very beautiful! i have yet to write my risk post yet. have a fabulous weekend!
FEELING it! Being thrilled/frightened but doing it anyway.Namaste
Beautiful poems, Karen! Can't wait to come to one of your retreats one day:)
I enjoyed your post and the poems are lovely. They have a nice flow in them. Have a nice week!
I absolutely love your approach to risk and your poetry. Thank you so much for sharing.
Love to see the hope after such a sad story / poem.
What a brave and worthy risk! Thank you for sharing your powerful words with us and for letting us see more deeply into who you are.
what courage you have!!! thank you, thank you for sharing yourself and your words with us. there is something so healing and powerful about giving voice to what's inside. may these risks serve you well--and don't forget the treats this week!! ;)
Post a Comment