
Hi Happy bloggers..Over at Jamie Ridler's Studio I am participating in "The Happy Book" Blog group.
I am sneaking this post in from work, it is so busy here now. I work for an accounting office so the next 2 months will probably be a little crazy.
The things that made me happy this week were:
Attending Jen Louden's Virtual Retreat:
This was an audio retreat with about 10 or so hour long sessions with different speakers, I tuned in live for about 6 of them and then we can listen to the others whenever we want.
Here is what I wrote about it after the weekend was over:
"Thank you again Jen for creating and holding this retreat space. I had no idea what it would be like to participate in an audio retreat, I have only done live or video before. I had various other activities over the weekend and I thought fitting retreat time in was going to be difficult or the weekend would feel like it went by too fast.. Well the odd thing is my weekend seemed longer and more restful than most and I think that is because of the times I spent in live retreat, it actually slowed down time for me.. very interesting.."
I will write about this retreat more on my blog when I have processed it all.
Another happy moment was coming across this man through another bloggers site:
Alvin Toffer: On the wikipedia page this is the quote that really made me happy, happy in the way that it made me think and feel about myself, especially since I have been made to feel bad about being emotional by some in my life.
Toffler explains, "Society needs people who take care of the elderly and who know how to be compassionate and honest. Society needs people who work in hospitals. Society needs all kinds of skills that are not just cognitive; they're emotional, they're affectional. You can't run the society on data and computers alone."[4] Toffler also states, in Rethinking the Future, that "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."
Another happy was finding this book "The Awe-manac, A Daily Dose of Wonder" by Jill Badonsky.
Here is a brief description of it from amazon:
"A playfully practical guide that’s a refreshing twist on the revered Farmer’s Almanac, The Awe-Manac provides daily forecasts and directives to help readers make life more creative, amusing, gratifying, and extraordinary—every day of the year! Through 365 days, readers are encouraged to think more brilliantly, laugh more often, make art or write creatively, and simply add a lot more “awe” into daily life.
Brimming with Jill Badonsky’s colorful, whimsical art, and filled with fun features like “Soul Vitamins,” “GlumBusters,” “Daily Toasts,” and “Doses of Mirth,” The Awe-Manac will be an enchanting “companion” throughout the year—a perennial guide that invites its readers to find the joy and amusement in every day."
So what were the moments of happy for you this week?
Namaste,
Karen
17 comments:
Oh yes, the virtual retreat was wonderful, wasn't it? I, too, am still processing it all... and have a couple more calls to catch up on.
And i love the Awemaniac!
What delightful happies.... :)
Happy weekend to you! :)
I am so anxious to learn more about the virtual retreat. It is something that I would like to participate in in the future. I am glad that it was a positive experience for you. Have a great week.
A virtual audio retreat sounds fascinating!
The virtual retreat sounds wonderful.
I'm off now to check out the Awemanac.
Thanks for sharing your happy! Have a glorious weekend!
Sounds like you had quite a week! Happy wishes to you!
Glad that you had a happy week. Love what Toffer had to say and so agree with it! Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend:)
The Awe-Manac.. that is AWESOME! Thanks for pointing that out Karen!
I've heard Louden's retreats are wonderful - I definitely want to do one sometime and I recently discovered and bought the "Awe-manac" it makes me happy just looking at the drawings! :)
I plan to check out Jen's Virtual Retreat! Have a happy week.
That sounds like a really deeply satisfying time. I must check out the retreat for the future. Also, the quote you shared from Alvin T. elicited a deep yes from within me. We need a diversity of types of people and talents. Yes!
It sounds like you had a lovely and wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your happiness this week. I hope you have a happy week next week too.
Karen,
This sounds wonderful. Can you do me a favor and send me your address? You can email me at
kmills4@cfl.rr.com. Thank you! xoxo
Oh those pictures make me very happy! Those sunflowers and the poppies above that. They're so nice to see as it's raining, grey, and dreary here in NYC right now. I have the Awe-Manac, too! Got it for Christmas this year and have been really enjoying it on an almost daily basis.
I am looking forward to us playing together on Carmen's journal project! This is Serena, who's journal is MIA. I'm awaiting my replacement. Can't wait to play!!
Cheers!
I felt happy doing some art with my 7 year old in half term!
Wanted to say thanks for showing your interest in my art e-course! I'm really excited about it and that's why I've been quiet a bit.
You are always doing such inspiring things here. I worked in a nursing home for a while and it was a real eye opener and you really do need compassion and people's skills, these things really make the world tick, human feelings and caring etc.
Hope you continue to feel happy:)
Amelia.x
i have one of her books and love it!
hugs to you and thank you for that video the spray paint video, thanks!
Happy moment this week was learning we will be cabin mates at Squam! It will be amazing to meet, in the flesh, all my virtual friends :)
I am immersed in a new love affair called Art Journal Love Letters and can hardly contain myself! I've also taken some steps this week to bring about a change (I hope) in what work I do. It just feels like Spring is in the air even if winter is not cooperating.
Post a Comment