Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday:What do you wish to give yourself permission for?


Hi fellow wishers and dreamers.
Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studio the wish prompt is What do you wish to give yourself permission for?

WOW Jamie that is a BIG one. So many women I know speak of having that internal permission needed gene in them, myself included, where it comes from I don't know.
Maybe it was put there by our families or society, who knows but it is a pain in the arse.

So in a world filled with wishing the things I would wish to give myself permission for are:

1. Permission to be ME, the me that is not out to please anyone but who does the right thing for herself. I am not talking about selfishness, I am taking about doing what feels right to you not going against your grain to please someone else.
2. Permission to create and explore my creativity and to not feel like it is a waste of time, that is not my true voice saying that.
3. Permission to speak my words, to be heard, not to feel ashamed or embarrassed by my sensitive side or my anxieties. To know what I feel is true for me even if it does not fit other's ideas of reality.

You know I think I am going to stick to 3 for today, there are many more things I can add, but these are 3 big ones. I will let these sit and be wished upon for a bit.

So my fellow wishers what are you giving yourself permission for today.

Namaste,
Karen

16 comments:

brandi said...

~to embrace and live being you and only you...not for others but for yourslef...accepting...what a wonderful wish and i do not see that as being selfish at all...as Karen D wishes for herself so I wish for her too...may you grant yourself time to let your imagination run free and always find truth in the words you share...brightest blessings~

Ginny said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also. To be free to be yourself is such and empowering wish on so many levels.

Jane said...

Wonderful post! I'm struggling myself with focusing more on me. I'm so used to doing for everyone else that it feels selfish to think about me. But it's so healthy to honor ourselves. As you wish for yourself today, I wish for you too!

amelia said...

I think the one thing I would benefit from the most would be if I consistently gave myself permission to be me, authentic, without criticism or doubt! Then I think I could peel back the layers to find what truly inspires me- but I convince myself that this is just so self indulgent!

erinrichardson said...

Beautiful, self nurturing wishes!

As Karen D wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her as well.

Beverley Baird said...

I can so relate to your post! Wonderful wishes!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Wendy said...

Well said Karen. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
Oh Karen..because of you I have unravelled so much of this..I was posting..the last week:( that finding permission to be me was the most wonderful thing I learned. Thank you my dear friend!
May all of these wonderful things be yours! Love, Sarah

Lis said...

I am nodding my head with you on each of these three wishes ...

constantly, I am reminding myself of what a wise woman once told a group of us: if you don't fill your cup first, then how can you have the energy to fill others? How can you give without attachment when you are feeling needing and lacking?

I cannot wait to create messy, outrageous, for-us-only art at Squam!

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

BunnyKissd said...

Yesyesyes! As you wish for yourself, as I wish for you also! {{{hugs}}}

Sara Blackthorne said...

As you wish for your self, so I wish for you also!!!

Morgaine Pendragon said...

Karen, you're wishes are almost identical to mine. You could actually be writing my post.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Christine said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Jamie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

These are such powerful words, Karen. Your true voice is strong indeed!

Suzie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

Isn't it crazy how hard it is to give up permission for anything. I often wonder whose permission I am waiting for then?

I love the healthy carrot cake foodie suggestion BTW! How does this recipe by the whacky Canadian Podleski sisters look?

Helen said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.