
Image: Google Images
Hi my fellow wishers and dreamers.
Today over at Jamie Ridler Studio's the wish prompt is: What do you wish to make time for?
With my work (accounting office) getting so busy this time of year, I really feel like my time is consumed with work and it is throwing me off kilter this year, since in the off-season there is so much free time and then bam tax season comes and I have to make this huge time adjustment so....
The main thing I want to give myself time for right now is the time to remember to breathe. In and out and in and out.... The stress builds so when you forget to breathe.
I am thinking of waking an hour or so earlier so I can get in some creative time before work because right now when I get home I just want to eat and then my brain just wants to not think much. This includes time to check in with some e-courses and art projects I am involved in. I figure if I schedule even a 1/2 hour a day I can get some creative time in.
Tax season will be over mid April and by then I will be able to sit down and really think about organizing projects and such.
Lastly as always I wish to give myself time to be present in my life and within my relations with others, no matter where I am in that moment.
So what are you wishing to give yourself time for today?
Namaste,
Karen
17 comments:
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
How appropriate Time is the topic for this week as I have beens struggling with this intensely for the past few weeks. There is a spiritual writer, Eknath Easwaran, whose teachings I've read - and resisted - for years. Very simple, practical approaches (I want my spiritually more exotic, seeking the unexpected answers!) one of which is - get up earlier!
I can tell you, if you feel strapped for time, that snippet of morning time for yourself is magical. I also find by getting up earlier, I am more tired later in the day BUT then I am more ruthless in assessing how I use my time and i make more nurturing choices. T.V. or working in my journal? Grabbing the phone to call someone or taking time to do a relaxation practice?
And post-it notes with BREATHE on them are effective reminders :)
I have a little award for you over at my "place" if you want to swing by and pick up it.http://dandelionseedsanddreams.blogspot.com/2010/03/quietly-giddy.html
Okay, BIG exhale .... ahhhh ....
♥ lis
As you wish for yourself, dear Karen, I wish for you as well, with all my heart.
As yo wish so I wish for you. Take that time and Breathe. It is so good and we all need to remember to do it often!
tax season can be such an energy sapper, especially for someone in your line of work, I pray that you are able to find a balnce to see you though this time. As Karen wishes for herself I so lovingly wish for her also!
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her with all my heart!
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her.
My daughter is in your line of work and From Xmas to the end of June is a very busy and stressful time for her.
I hope you do take time to breathe...it's a great stress reliever.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well. Taking the time to be in the present moment and to breathe is definitely a gift we should give ourselves each day.
And in and out and in and out... Keep April in your mind and all will be well! Sometimes I try to get up early but all I end up doing is hitting the sleep button on the alarm more times!
Being so busy is tough on the spirit. Hooray for you for taking time to breathe. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
May you find that precious time for yourself! We all need that.
Take care.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I flirt with waking earlier, and never quite manage to make it a habit.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Breath. :)
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!
I wish to make time for some self care. I've been making no time at all for that in a long time and I need to start setting aside a little time for some stretches, a daily walk, something healthful.
Thanks for checking out my Art Saves journal beginnings. Gonna put some more work in it maybe tonight. Can't wait to see what you do with yours! Fun fun fun!
xo
Serena
~after my littlest was born i started waking early...i dreaded it at first but soon learned to embrace that early rising adn l♥ve being up to start the day before anyone else...it GIVES me the time I need...i can only imagine the stress of your job...full force for a few months...nonstop...breathing is a good thing and april will come before you know it...wishing you big deep relaxing breaths throughout the day and timeless moments with you and your loved ones...brightest blessings~
I wish for more time to read, not only my art books, but novels... I hope your wish come true. roxanne
Post a Comment