Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday: What do you wish to invest in?


Image: Google Images

Hi my fellow wishers and dreamers, today over at Jamie Ridler's Studio the wish prompt is: What do you wish to invest in?

Ok, so nothing came to mind immediately... I feel like all these wishes I make are all about me and then I started to feel selfish....but.....then I thought If I invest in myself first then that can trickle out to the world around me.
If I am empty how can I invest myself in good deeds, relationships, creativity and the larger environment I am in.

So I wish to invest in nourishing my mind/body and spirit.
Here are some ways I can start investing:

1. My creativity, I know I say it again and again but I truly believe somewhere beneath that critic's shell that this is a path to spirit and healing for me so I will keep reminding myself of it.

2. My time and how I use it, for one I don't need to come home and immediately put on the TV to conquer the silence, I can put on some music instead, I can still do other things while music is on, TV sucks me in and turns me into a couch potato.

3. My relationships, really learning to accept others for who they are and not projecting my fears and insecurities on them, not only is it NOT fair to them but it is not fair to me. If I can accept others as they are then it will be easier to accept myself for who I am.

4. My health/body - I would like to invest in truly learning to love my body and treat it with the respect it deserves. Somewhere, somehow I lost that respect and self-love that we are born with, maybe someone took it from me but NOW I am in control so I would like to regain it with heatlhy habits, including food, exercise and sexuality.

Well I think those will do for now.

What are you wishing to invest in today?

Namaste
Karen

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulously put Karen!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I joyfully wish for her also!

Lis said...

Very beautiful and wise wishes ...

yes, if we are empty and depleted we cannot share our light with the world.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sulwyn said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. You have a wonderful perspective... it is true that it is difficult to give others if you are empty yourself. It isn't selfish to take care of yourself, it is a way of taking care of others.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

Yup right there with ya hon!! I am here to tell ya hon..you are so deeply right on the money here...you have it pegged!! May this come to you hon!
How are ya doing hon? Hugs and love, Sarah

Morgaine Pendragon said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Ginny said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well. Wonderful list.

Fringe Collective Artistic Studios said...

Nourishing mind/body and spirit is worthy of praise.

As you wish for self, I also wish for you.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

As dear Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her also!

My Wednesday Wishcast....

Gina said...

As Karen wishes for herself so I wish for her also.

What a wonderful investment wish

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Silky Hart said...

Beautiful wishes!!! Thank you for your sweet thoughts.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

You have very valid points in your list and have found new options. Go for them! :)

HowtoBEaCOOLoldLady said...

Hello there, well I am investing in my future.... Involves making a right good go of my creative business. Eating healthily, doing yoga, earning a good living. Nurturing my relationships and taking care of my home.

am taking part in flying lessons as part of investing in my future.... xx Moyra