Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wishcast Wed: What do you wish for your creativitiy?


Hi my fellow wishers and dreamers, today over at Jamie Ridler's Studio the wish prompt is: "What do you wish for your creativity?"

What I wish for my creativity is that I allow it more fully into my life. I tip toe around it a bit, dipping a brush into paint for a moment here and there, gluing some pictures down for a collage, quickly writing some words, briefly allowing the flow to take me. But.. then I stop when the critic mind sneaks up on me with those doubts and judgements. Who I am to think I am a creative person, I'll never be as good as this one or that one.

I am slowly beginning to see I don't HAVE to be as good as anyone else, I just have to follow my own path and listen to my own creative voice. The more I turn up the volume on that voice, the harder it will become to hear the critics voice, of that I am sure.

The times I have really sunk into the creative process and trusted that space are the times I am most myself. I forget myself and who I am when I don't allow time for creating.

They say it takes 30 days to make or break a habit so I am participating in Susannah Conway's August Break with the hopes that at the end of it I will have a new creative habit in place, one I can expand on. There are no rules for August Break you take one photo a day and post it on your blog with or without words, even I can commit to a moment a day. You can read about it here: "August Break".

The picture above is a page I recently created in a small canvas art journal round robin.

So my fellow wishers what are you wishing for your creativity today?

Namaste,


Karen

18 comments:

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

"...I am slowly beginning to see I don't HAVE to be as good as anyone else, I just have to follow my own path and listen to my own creative voice." YES YES YES!!

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well!

Beverley Baird said...

I love that you listen to your own voice and follow your own path. That is what I must do as well.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well!

Ginny said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well. I like the idea of taking one picture each day and posting it for a month. For me it will be writing a little each day for a month so that it will become an automatic part of my life.

Lisa PN said...

Such Great power in your realization about following your own path! Amazing!

As Karen wishes for herself, so i wish for her also!`

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!!
Yup Let Fly with what you do..you can't fail when it is from your heart hon!!!
The break...yeah I so needed one. Seriously considered doing it on my main blog too..but chose my photography blog..cause I really needed it there!! Hugs hon!

Jo Anna said...

What you wrote about following your own path and listening to your voice gave me the shivers!

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

CP said...

For all that Karen wishes for her creativity, so too do I wish for Karen :) and all of her non-tiptoeing :)♥~Shamsi

Ruth said...

Yes, follow your own path, I keep telling myself that. LOVE it.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Marilyn said...

love the collage. may you allow yourself space to create w/o judgment. as Karen wishes for herself, i wish for her also.

Sara said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Follow your path and you can't go wrong. :)

xx

WrightStuff said...

What you write is so true. We are way too harsh on ourselves and our poor creativity. Go with the flow and enjoy :)

Kim said...

Here's to "breaking" through to your new creativity habit and your own unique path!

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

peggy gatto said...

yes, trust yourself, you know yourself better than anyone!

Kim Switzer said...

Your post really touched me--I also tiptoe around the edges of my creative work and don't quite manage to dive all the way in. May we both develop the habit of really sinking into our creativity!

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

great post!

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Cynthia said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also ... and for myself as well. No more tiptoeing!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Go Karen! :D
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Jamie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

There's so much wisdom in here, Karen! And yay you for participating in Susannah's August Break as a way of making this come true! I'm cheering you on, my friend!