Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday: Where do you wish to make a fresh start?


Image: Google Images

Hi my fellow wishers and dreamers. Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studios the wish prompt is: Where do you wish to make a fresh start?

Well this might sound a bit odd but I wish to make a fresh start with my life in general. Growing up I did not have such a secure emotional base, never developing a strong sense of self, taking care of other's emotional needs while mine were not met.

I was a very reactionary child due to some circumstances we had to deal with. Now as an adult I still feel like I am always waiting for something to happen to react to, you know the "waiting for the other shoe to drop" mentality. Feeling slightly anxious and fearful often and not trusting that things will be ok.

I am starting fresh with myself, giving myself now what I did not get then, it is up to me now.

It is funny during this time my relationship with others has changed drastically as I try to sort out where they start and I begin, creating those necessary boundaries, their needs are not always coming first now.

I have been very drawn to the creative arts especially in collage, poetry and photography, looking for like minded souls to be in community with. I believe these will help me tell my story and re-discover who I am, the me down past the Bulls*** others have filled me with. With a stronger more secure base I feel like then I can help others as well as myself.

So my fellow wishers where are you wishing to make a fresh start?
Thanks again Jamie for such a wonderful wish prompt.

Namaste,
Karen

19 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, Karen. You just described a snapshot of my life. Good luck on everything.

My creativity is sky rocketing right now. It's pretty cool. The universe just gifted me with a HUGE amount of free glass and led to make stained glass. It's something I've been thinking about doing for years. I have no clue how to go about it, but I'll be learning.

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Cheering for you, as always. :)

Jo Anna said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.
I really appreciate your clear and deep insights.

Lexington said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Lis said...

Beautiful beautiful! And you will be starting off on BIG which is AMAZING!! The most powerful thing I've done so far. Fearless baby, fearless!

I cannot believe Squam is around the corner and we will get to meet - finally! I am struggling with what i can pack in a carry on suitcase :) And i hope i will be a good cabin mate.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Yahoo! Enjoy the BIG ride!

xo Lis

Morgaine Pendragon said...

I struggle with the same thing, always waiting for that other shoe to drop. Great wish you have.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sara said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Marilyn said...

as Karen wishes for herself, i wish for her also.

WrightStuff said...

Warmest wishes for your fresh start. (That's a great photo you found!)

Tee said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also! ♥Tee

Kim Switzer said...

Karen, I really felt like I wrote parts of that! I hope it at least helps to know that you're not alone.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Laura said...

It doesn't sound strange to me at all. I understand just what you mean.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

blessings
~*~

Jen said...

You have just described my life in a nutshell. I am 40 and JUST learning who I really am and not what people have told me I am.

As Karen wishes for herself, I so lovingly and with intent wish for her as well.

Here is to a Beautiful Journey into Self-Discovery and Strength!~

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Ceanne said...

So great! I completely understand where you're coming from!

As Karen wishes for herself, I also wish for her!

bertie said...

Hi Karen...this was a powerful post and it resonated with me..alot! I too struggle with fear of what is coming and I wonder if I do that because deep down, when things are good, I just don't believe that I deserve it and expect it to be taken away? It is so hard to change the tapes in our head that have been recorded by others from our childhood. WE have to change that tape and believe that we deserve all good things and wait not in fear, but in anticipation that they are on the way! When I master how to do that I will let you know! It ain't easy!! May you be blessed in your journey and as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

keishua said...

That is a powerful wish. As you wish, I wish for you, too.

Amy Putkonen - Cirkla said...

Every day is a new beginning, Karen!! This was a very dear post. As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!

Amelia said...

I think art is a fantastic way to share, tell or process our stories :)
I am thinking where I need to make a fresh start, not sure! But I am wading my way through my house and clearing out loads and loads of stuff I have collected and I realise I need to minimise my 'stuff' and make a fresh start with having/needing very, very little maybe!

Amelia.x