![]() |
| Mixed Skies over Squam Lake |
Good Morning my fellow wishers and dreamers. I am still trying to process all I experienced at Squam Art Workshops and am finding myself overwhelmed with thoughts and ideas. Since being back I have been agitated and somewhat sad which I believe is a good thing as it is reminding me not to slip back into the old way of doing things. Comfort zones were tested, some fears were worked through and my creative side had a 4 day free pass to come out to play.
As I try to get back to projects, blogging and creative work I focus today on Jamie Ridler's Wishcast Prompt for the day which is What do you wish to step into?
The first thought that popped into my head while reading the prompt was this chant I was taught at a art retreat:
I Step into the flow and then I let it go
I open my mind, my heart, and my soul
I surrender, I surrender
I surrender, I open my mind, my heart, and my soul
-- by Suzanne Sterling
This chant always made me feel like it was ok to just go with the flow, no thoughts or judgements, just create, sing, dance whatever it is that you were doing with your heart leading the way.
I experienced a different flow when I was away at Squam and I would like to step into it here back in my everyday life. Here are some ways I can make that happen:
* Walk once or twice a day, preferably after meals.
* Add more structure to my day, having a schedule to follow worked well for me and being back home creative time might slip by if I don't make time for it.
* I sit inside most of the day at a desk and I would like to balance that with time spend outside.
* Reach out to others in this creative community and get involved with online groups, the community at Squam was one of the highlights. It was such a joy to be around like minded souls and just be there to support each other.
* Eat 3 hearty meals a day and maybe one snack. They had so much great food and every meal was a buffet and somehow I still came home 3 pounds lighter. I am sure it was the lack of down time for grazing and the walking.
* Be as authentic as I can be and open my heart, people will see and hear me if I let them.
I look forward to see what you wish to step into today.
Namaste,
KAren

19 comments:
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
as you step into your flow...as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
Oh, to step (and stay) in the flow . . .
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I cannot help but think, you are not so much stepping into "new" ways of being, but stepping out of outmoded ways of thinking about yourself, your creative gifts, the gifts of this life. When all that drops away, you are in new waters! So beautifully expressed here and i hope to see you around the online challenge circuit ('cuz you know i am a joiner!)
xo Lis
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also:)
Lovely post thank you.
As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also
Yes!!! Step into the fow and then release!!!! You can do it! I wish for you all you wish for!!!
Blessings!
The more I read about this retreat, the more I would love to have been here. It does sound a most magical experience and one that will stay with you a lifetime. Here's to all those positive steps you are taking as a result!
Hey, those all sound great to me. It hadn't occurred to me yet to try to incorporate some of the actual routine of Squam into my everyday life. Makes sense though, oh wise one! xoxo
You're definitely making good on your reaching out goals!
What a lovely wish! As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her....
As you flow may you grow.
As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also
Love the chant by Suzanne. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Lovely words! As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
Oh- I love that chant- thank you so much for sharing it with us!
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!
These are great wishes. Giving the day a structure has worked well for me.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Your wishes are "do-able" and loving to yourself......they are an inspiration to me.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
Lovely post -- it reflected so much of what I'm thinking/feeling today. Now, I want to go to Squam!
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!
Hi Karen! I'm a little late and still getting around to Wishcast Wednesday... Ohhhh I see you went to Squam! I so wanted to do this the last couple of years but just did not have the funds...sigh. Hope you had a great time.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
Love & blessings,
xoxo Valerie
http://valeriehart.com/
Post a Comment