Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wishcast Wed: What does the “soft animal of your body” wish for

click Pic for larger view

Good Morning my fellow wishers and dreamers.  Today over at Jamie Ridler Studios the wish prompt is: " What does the soft animal of your body wish for", the wish was inspired by Mary Oliver's "Wild Geese" poem.

Moments after reading Jamie's post I read my horoscope over at Free Will Astrology (love him) and this quote from Clarissa Pinkola Estes was part of my horoscope today and it was like she was speaking directly for me and my wish today, this really describes how I felt when thinking of what the "soft animal of my body" wishes for:

What is the wild and instinctual nature? Radiance magazine posed that question to storyteller Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Here's her reply: "to establish territory, to find one's pack, to be in one's body with certainty and pride regardless of the body's gifts and limitations, to speak and act in one's behalf, to be aware, alert, to draw on the innate feminine powers of intuition and sensing, to come into one's cycles, to find what one belongs to."

I love these threads of connections and how when I listen to my intuition it will always steer me clear on my path.  The dreamboard is one I did awhile back and it represents coming home to my body and it seems to fit for todays wish as does this poem I wrote expressing what I wish for:

To be together in community, seeing myself in their faces
To let the tears flow, opening wide the heart spaces
To listen to my body, to trust what it already knows
To follow the river of intuition wherever it goes
To tell the truth of my story and let the healing begin
To be whole again, at home in my skin

So my fellow wishers and dreamers who does the soft animal of your body wish for?

Namsaste,
Karen

12 comments:

Lily said...

Love your poem, Karen. And thanks for the comment, too. I appreciate your support and always checking in on me. :)

Hugs,
Lily

Lis said...

Beautiful Karen! You could set that to music (I can hear Jonatha now ...)

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

A timely piece ... really rich ... thank you for the gift of you.

MWAH! Lis

Marilyn said...

Karen, beautiful wishes, beautiful poem. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also. (and p.s. i love Free Will astrology, too...and isn't it wonderful when we get synchronistic hits like that?) ;)

CP said...

Aho!

As Karen so bravely wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Karen... all your soft animal body wishes.♥

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Lovely...I do so love synchronicity myself. :)

As you wish for yourself, I so wish for you as well.

Tabitha
http://theknittingjourneymanrefitted.wordpress.com/

Morgaine Pendragon said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

"To be whole again, at home in my skin."

Such a simple yet profound line! When did we become so disconnected from our bodies?

As Karen wishes for herself, so I sincerely wish for her and for all of us as well.

Peace and love to you.

WrightStuff said...

It is funny how the world, and indeed Jamie, often seems so in tune with other things. Yesterday I wrote a post outlining my goals - and felt brave about sharing them with the cyberworld, you read this quote by Clarissa. It all seems to connect. Have you read Women who run with the Wolves? I'm working through it slowly. It's an interesting read but rather heavy going I find.

Kim Switzer said...

Your wish made me all teary eyed and heart-full. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Liz said...

Oh, beautiful poem, Karen! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also, dear soul:)

Jane said...

Hi Karen,
What a beautiful, beautiful poem. It's wonderful, and so important. It just seems to be what I so want to tell people, but can never find such perfect words.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Hugs,
Jane (ps, I enjoyed the NYC reflections photos!) :)

Steph said...

This is beautiful Karen. Thank you for sharing your words.

Stephanie
xo