| Beauty against a dark sky |
Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift. – from Thirst: Poems by Mary Oliver
Hi my fellow wish casters, today is Wednesday and over at Jamie Ridler’s Studios it’s a day to share our dreams and wishes.
Today’s wish prompt is: What do you wish to focus on? And wouldn’t you know it I was just thinking this same thing yesterday, it always seems like Jamie is reading my mind, lol!
It might sound weird but I want to focus on the gift of darkness that has been a part of my life for awhile now. I spend so much time distracting myself from it and pretending that I did not get that gift, like a bad pick of a grab bag I just wanted to return it. But you know what I am seeing now, this gift, I can learn from it and I have a feeling if I accept it for what it is I will indeed be happy to have received it for it will only make me stronger. Does this make any sense to you guys? Not sure it makes sense to me either, just the way I have been feeling lately.
I would also like to focus on my creativity, during the busy tax season at work I had little time to create and I am finding it slow getting back into it, but I am also strangely accepting this pace. I feel myself leaning into the flow of my life lately, my impatience is waning a bit, and I like it. I have been really finding my creative time being spent photographing trees and skylines and for now that is just perfect for me.
Lastly I would like to just focus on moving forward out of the quicksand that has been my emotions these last few months, I am seeing the rope there just out of reach but I am getting closer every day. I just need to remind myself to go with the flow and not against it that is the key to moving forward for me lately.
What are you wishing to focus on today? As always what you are wishing for yourself, so I am wishing for you also.
Namaste,
Karen
19 comments:
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too.
Thank you for the Mary Oliver quote. I haven't read her in so long and it is wonderful to find her words again.
Darkness is a gift, but a difficult one. I hope your focus helps you find your way through.
So honest and open... you are very brave!
Opening your heart takes courage.
As you wish to focus out of the dark, I wish for you as well. :]
good girl! such amazing wishes and focus.
so often i think we try to push the dark away
so we just have to deal. but when we do embrace it
and learn from it. that is where the beauty lies.
keep peeling away soon the sweet center
will shine.
as you wish, i wish too.
good girl! such amazing wishes and focus.
so often i think we try to push the dark away
so we just have to deal. but when we do embrace it
and learn from it. that is where the beauty lies.
keep peeling away soon the sweet center
will shine.
as you wish, i wish too.
Darkness IS such a gift. How I love Mary Oliver's wisdom and I love that you are following it... so many are afraid of darkness....
brava, my love.
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
<a href="http://www.juliejordanscott.typepad.com> My wish! </a>
I spent years living with darkness, it has made me who I am today, and I am grateful to where were I am right now. Brave of you to go to the darkness & find the gifts, so many wouldn't.
As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.
For Karen, all her dark and light - for pulling herself out of the muck and mire - as Karen wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her!!! ♥
~S
Go Karen! :)
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As they say "the darkest hour is just before dawn". Darkness popped up for me this week, as well. I was listening to the audiobook - The Alchemist. Embrace the darkness and good luck. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
What an amazing quote and wish you expressed! may all your wishes be fulfilled!
As you wish for yourself Karen, so do I wish for you as well.
Beautiful! I completely agree about the gift of darkness.
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you with much love!
It's my belief that everything has a gift for us, and there is great richness and depth in darkness. Both the photograph and the Mary Oliver quote are beautiful expressions of that as well - thank you! And as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well!
Dear Karen...I had so many years of living in the darkness and thought it had no redeeming value.How could this pain be a gift? I can tell you from the other side of it..(Not that it doens't revisit me at times), that is is a DEEP and PROFOUND gift...when you are in the dark, no light...let me tell you..when you emerge and you will!..the littlest thing will bring you the deepest joy. You will experience light in a deeper way than most around you. Light, color, laughter will all be intensified. It is the dark times that have made me who I am and given me the ability to really feel life to the utmost and also...to have compassion for those who are in the darkness. You will come out..a stronger person and one who will appreciate the littlest light. It is a gift...keep moving towards that rope that will lead you out. It is proof that you are on your way to better times, but believe it or not..you will look back at this time as one where you learned the most and grew to who you are meant to be. You are right...don't fight it, go with the flow and then when you are on the other side, be a light to others. Blessings my dear and as you wish, I soooo wish for you also!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
As you wish for yoruself, I also wish for you.
Here is my wish is you desire to read it:
http://adgb.blogspot.com/2011/04/wishcasting-wednesday-what-do-you-wish_27.html
It is hard to get out of the darkness. I applaud you.
you're so honest and brave - it's inspiring.
As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.
Love that quote. It is indeed a gift and thank you for the reminder. There are other gifts that maybe I sometimes overlook because of this or maybe I see them more clearly because of this. Thank you and good wishes to you Karen.
Dear Karen,
I am glad I found your blog again. This time I will link myself to you, so that I can't loose you again.
Your wishes are very heartfelt and honest.
In all honesty, I love the dark in others and myself often more than the light. It seems that I can relate better to the dark. Not sure why, but I feel drawn to this reality of live in being alive.
Darkness is a big part in my soul-world. I associate the dark with depth, intensity, retreat, alone time, more intense light in the dark, etc.
in the last 30 minutes I read through various of your blog posts and I love the way you express yourself. I am looking forward to following along in your journey.
Love from Eva
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too.
Post a Comment