Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wishcast Wed and 52 Photo Project

Chocolate Smiley Face

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Bacon!!!

Happy Wednesday to all. Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studios and Bella's 52 Photos Project we are sharing wishes and pictures.

This week the prompts were: Wish: What do you wish to nourish? and picture: chocolate.

So the picture was easy.. Chocolate makes me smile and if you eat the good stuff it can be healthy too.  The only rub is that I eat way too much of it so I am currently working on paring it down to a few ounces of good dark chocolate a week.

I wish to nourish my mind, body and spirit with healthy food, creative projects and deeper connection to spirit whatever that may be.

In regards to health and losing weight I am seriously thinking of joining Weight Watchers as in the past it has worked for me, maybe it's the fact that someone else is weighing you that makes you more accountable, not sure.  In regards to my emotional eating I'm in the midst of reading Geneeth Roth's "Woman, Food and " which a friend recommended to me.

To nourish my spirit I have been reading the works of Pema Chodron and I am really connecting to what she says about loving kindness and compassion.  I have also been reading many different poets as I have been taking a poetry/writing class.   Words have always had a profound effect on me, I believe they can heal the soul.

I am continuing with nourishing my creative side with writing and picture taking.  I have discoved a new app for the iphone, the leme camera app.  It allows you to take double exposure pictures and it I love challenging myself with it.  The below picture was a group of women at an art workshop and my Kuan Yin statue.  The results being that I am infusing those women with love and compassion.


I am also continuing with my writing.  Below is a recent poem I wrote with the prompt being "vanilla".

vanilla
some think
boring
mundane
bland
safe
not me
I think
earthy
sweet
exotic
spicy
I miss the smell
of it on my
skin
he didn’t ask
but I knew
he didn’t like it
what else do
we give up
for love

So my fellow wishers, what are you wishing to nourish today?  As you wish for yourself, I am also wishing for you.

Namaste,
Karen

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dark Chocolate...sooooo good. Love the picture you took with that app. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Elsie said...

your first one make me smile also, great use of the little chocolates, like this a lot.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Oh my... those cupcakes look pretty tempting! :]
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Your poem is profound... and if one doesn't read carefully may miss its message. I gave up cheese and music (and then I got smart.)

I loved reading your post... brava for all the creative work you are doing.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also....

MishMish said...

It sounds like you are working on fullfiling your wish...keep up the good work!

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Birdie said...

I want to nourish that little girl inside of me that seems to cry a lot lately.

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you.

Namaste.

urban muser said...

love your chocolate shot and your vanilla poem :)

Beverley Baird said...

Wonderful wishes - may they all be fulfilled!
Love your photos!

Sarah Lulu said...

Now I want to try dark chocolate cupcakes with bacon!!!!

As you wish for yourself I so lovingly wish this for you also. xx

" M " said...

I luv dark chocolate ! Love your photos .

As you wish for yourself I wish for you also.

Liz said...

Beautiful and yummy!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you, too!

Sandra Marie said...

dark chocolate...my fav! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

Bella said...

:) Love your photo - and I'm really enjoying your writing! xo