![]() |
| Summer 2011 |
![]() |
| fall 2011 |
Hello Friends. Today is the last Wednesday of 2011 so that means this will be the last wishcast and 52 Photos Project of the year. I'd like to thank Jamie and Bella from the bottom of my heart for a year filled with inspirational prompts and reflections.
Today's prompts are:
Wishcast: What do you wish for this winter
52 Photos: Favorite pic of the year
The wish I hold for winter is that after participating in Pixie's Solstice Releasing Ceremony tomorrow that I will move forward from the doubts, fears and anger that have held me in their grasp on and off this year. It is that simple. I wish to shake and shed them like an old skin that no longer fits. Winter is a great time to retreat and prepare for the coming of new growth in the Spring. Shedding can be hard and can leave you tender so I will take my time and be gentle with myself.
As for my favorite pic of the year for Bella's 52 Photos Project, I chose the ones above of my husband and I. This past year has held many ups and downs for us and looking at these pictures helps me see that we ARE still connected by love and hope. I needed that reminder as I look back on this year. These are not the best pictures, taken with my iphone but I feel happy when I look at them.
**I know technically I posted 2 pics for my 1 favorite picture, but these two respresent the same thing for me and I needed double the reminder ;-) **
So my friends as the year comes to a close what are you wishing for your winter? As you wish for yourself I wish for you also.
Namaste,
Karen


13 comments:
Not sure of your struggles, but it looks to me that they have made you stronger, younger, and confident. Your happiness makes you glow. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.
Karen, your post is great . . . as are the photos . . .
Happy Shedding! As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!
There's a lovely line in "Chocolate for a Woman's Spirit" by a woman married 54 years to a man who 'knows how to scrap for his rights' (she an only child, like me, 'most often given more than a fair shake') = "if you expect to have a long, trouble-free relationship, your best bet is to marry a swan!' ( Phyllis Miletich)
Reading your words made me think of that!!
Indeed, happy shedding & renewing!
As you wish for yourself, so I also wish!
So beautifully written. "Shedding", I agree... need to do plenty of that. Thank you for such a lovely, gentle reminder. *hugs*
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
Ohhhh, lovely. Your photos are beautiful...
Buckets of love as 2012 begins!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!
these are sweet shots. glad they remind you of something good.
Oh, the releasing will be wonderful! You will let go of all that gunk sister. Yip yip!
Your Solstice ceremony sounds like a beautiful way to close the year. May you start 2012 fresh and renewed.
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
Loved your post my friend and loved your photos! So glad that we connected in 2011 and I look forward to being with you again in 2012! Your spirit is beautiful and you are ever reaching higher!
Love how happy and relaxed you look in the Fall picture - beautiful!
I love this post. I thought I'd already commented on it last week. I admire your strength, courage and grace through the struggles. You are a beautiful woman, Karen. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
I can't wait to hang out together in 2012, make art, and grow our friendship.
Love ya!
nice website for all to use. blogger website is favorite to use. for every one
buy tires visit this website https://tirenavi.jp
Post a Comment