
So today is Wednesday and over at Jamie Ridler's Studio that means it is time to start wishing. Today's wish prompt is "What do you wish to complete?"
Hmmmm interesting question, what do I wish to complete?
I wish to complete my journey to forgiveness, there have been some things In my life that I have done that I feel like I have been punishing myself for. I meant no harm in these things and truly the one I harmed was myself. At this point in my life I would like to heal and forgive and move forward.
I wish to complete my goal of losing 40 pounds, I know this will aid in my physical body feeling better.
I wish to complete "The Joy Diet" book by Martha Beck even though it has brought up some tough stuff for me. I tend to jump into these type of books and then jump out when the going gets tough, I have Jamie Ridler and the book blogging group to thank for their support, which is really helping me stick with it.
I think that is enough for now I am sure I can come up with a million things but I think Forgiveness is the big one. The image above represents the me I am now forgiving the younger me.
Enjoy your day fellow wishcasters.
Namaste,
KAren
15 comments:
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her also.
Be gentle with yourself dear Karen.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Karen what a wonderful, beautiful wish. I had to do this the forgiving part. Forgiving myself was the hardest part! Regret only serves one purpose..to learn the lessons it offers and move on. Otherwise it is pointless..it can't be changed the past.it just is. So breathe, learn the lesson for next time and move on hon!! Hope ya don't mind me sharing my path in this! Hang in there hon!! Namaste, Sarah
I would probably have stopped doing the JOy Diet already if were not for this group - we keep each other going. We'll complete it together.
A moving post.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
A loving image and it is beautiful. Be kind to yourself, and as Karen wishes for herself, so I too wholeheartedly wish for her :)
I have to tell you that this is something I have struggled with myself and as my journey of faith brings me closer to God I know that in seeking His forgiveness it is done. Forgiving oneself is a little harder, but once God has forgiven us he does expect us to let it go. I tell the teens in my church group that while God will indeed forgive their sins when asked it doesn't mean that they should feel they have a free ride. I warn them that while God has forgiven me, the wrongs I have committed have left a scars on my soul that I know are there. The trick is to let the scars be a gentle reminders of mistakes I don't wish to repeat and that hopefully I have grown from. I know that when I keep digging up the past and picking at the scabs that I am rejecting the forgiveness God has already given. As Karen wishes for herself so I lovingly wish for her also!
As Karen wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her.
(hugs)
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.
Have you read about Ho'oponopono? I have been using this practice for a few weeks now with wonderful results in forgiving myself.
Here's to forgivness!
Here's to The Joy Diet (it really stirs things up!)
Here's to loosing weight!
And here's to Paper Swap! Glad, you joined. Check for your swap partner on October,15.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Talk about a moment of synchronicity. I had lunch today with a very special woman, she is a religious sister of a Roman Catholic order. Our conversation was about my personal retreat workshop and a talk that she is giving to a group of woman later in the month about finding balance in our lives. I was telling her about a new workshop I have in mind for January on personal transformation. I told her about how week two is about forgiveness and how we need to forgive ourselves. Here I am reading about your wish to find forgiveness. Loss is another topic whether we have relationships that have changed or dreams that were never realized. I too have a lot of weight to lose. Yesterday I started a gentle cleanse and I've started following a very clean diet of whole foods, lots of raw foods, and vegetarian. You are not alone on this journey of self healing. It comes down to loving self-care.
As Karen wishes for herself, I so lovingly wish for her also.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
As Karen wishes for herself I so completely wish for her as well...
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also. Your post was very touching for me, thank you Karen.
Karen, that image of you forgiving your younger self is so touching! Thank you for your courage to keep going when the going gets tough and for sharing this with us.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her also.
Beautiful wishes! Honor where you are and be easy with it all. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I could so relate to this..forgiveness is a true weight off one's shoulder! You don't have to associate with that person, but to forgive and move on is so light feeling and powerful!
Post a Comment