Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wishcast Wednesday: What do you wish to say YES to?


Good Morning fellow wishcasters and our Wish Guru, Jamie Ridler. Today over at Jamie Ridler's studio the wish is, "What do you wish to say YES to?".

As always such a seemingly innocent question leads me to some big revelations.

I wish to say YES to ME! I wish to say YES to loving and taking care of myself. I have no problems saying yes to those in my life so now I would like to say YES to myself.
I will list some things here as a reminder to myself of the things I know are good for me and all about taking care and loving myself:

1. Giving myself permission to be creative, to be in creative space, I KNOW this brings me back to self and grounds me to the here and the now.
2. Going back on Nexium for my Heartburn, with the intention of it being short term. I tend to thing all or nothing, so I avoid medicine because I don't want to stay on it forever. But my heartburn effects my asthma and I need to listen to what my body is telling me.
3. Getting my diet cleaned up and really noticing what foods are good for me and which ones aren't. I feel this is the only way I will be able to get off Nexium if I go back on it and ultimatly heal myself.
4. Moving my body, even if it is just walking daily to start.
5. Practicing my Reiki self treatments as another healing element in my life, for mind body and spirit. I became afraid of it because sometimes it made me feel things I could not explain.
6. Getting back to Spirit Singing, I know it works for releasing stress/anxiety.
7. To DREAM BIG and allow those dreams to be expressed in my life.
8. To having Faith and Trust even if I don't know what's to come.
9. This is a big one: saying YES to saying NO, when no is the right choice for me.

I know these things are good for me but I often do not choose to do them. In the last year I have been trying hard to figure that out, and the conclusion I come to is I often do not love myself enough to do what is good for me. I am stating for the record that I want to love myself and give myself a chance to be the person I am meant to be. I want to set myself up to succeed, not fail!

So fellow wishcasters what are you saying "YES" to today?

23 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herslef, I wish for her also!
Yes, yes, yes to taking care of you!!! May you find ways to make this happen with ease!!
Namaste, Sarah

Sojourner said...

As Karen wishes for herself, i wish for her also! wishing you abundance and joy as you say YES to yourself.

Lawendula said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Here's to embracing your own self and say YES to the beautiful creature you are!

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Holly said...

Don't struggle with the things the Reiki brings up to be healed. You know how to find me if you want to talk or bounce concerns off of...

All fabulous things to do...can I suggest...eat things, but start with smaller than you'd normally eat portions....that made a huge difference for me.

As Karen wishes for herself and to bring joy to her life, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her, also!

Namaste' Dear One.

Suzie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herslef, I wish for her also!

Yvonne Rathbone said...

As Karen wishes for herslef, I wish for her also.

Kathryn Costa said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Cheers to extreme self care and self love. As you take good care of yourself, may it attract more love in your life!

Leigh Sager said...

Again, you and me, same page.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I soulfully wish for her also.

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

Fabulous wishes! As Karen generously and lovingly wishes for herself, so I generously wish for her too!

WrightStuff said...

Go for the diet thing - definitely helped my ex-husband get off the stuff. For him it was white bread causing the problem and too many carbs. Here's a VERY BIG YES to all the things that are good for you (and not just food!)

Vanyvalu said...

As you wish for yourself, so i wish for you also.
Blessings!

Beverley Baird said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
May all these great wishes be fulfilled! YES to you!!

Jane said...

Great wishes Karen! I've always been able to say yes (or should I say UNABLE to say no) to others. Here's to taking the very best care of ourselves! As you wish for yourself, I lovingly wish for you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, I went back and looked at several entries -- it seems like the Joy Diet is a wonderful catalyst for you and I am glad you have stayed with it. I resonate with lots of what you say. I think what helped me most dealing with some of the same issues is what you have said about NO -- it's OK to say no, it's Ok to be the one to leave, it's OK to set your boundaries. The journey to accepting that we actaully WANT something is a most worthwhile path. And when I finally, finally got that nothing external from me will make me happy (but will shine the light on what I need to see), it was a release. But it is all a spiral, not linear. Keep creating, kkep wishing and acknowldge your actions on the Path, even if they seem small. Keep going, xx, Mary

Grammy said...

Yes yes yes!
As Karen wishes for her self, I wish for her also!

LeslieB said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Theresa said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I agree it is important to say yes to ourselves~

Mescrap said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
YES to yourself that you can do it !

Expressive Hart said...

Yes, take good care of YOU! As Karen wishes for herslef, I wish for her also!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Karen wishes for herself so I wish for her also.
So many good wishes for you there on your list, so much energy moving towards self care. :)

Anonymous said...

...as Karen Wishes for Herself, so I Wish for Her also with All My Heart... on Earth as it is in Heaven...

Jamie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!