Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday - What do you wish to let go


Phote: LisaCharlene
Today is wishcasting day over at Jamie Ridler's. The prompt today is "What do you wish to let go of?" Man oh man sometimes I feel like Jamie is speaking right to me and saying just what I need to hear when I need to hear it.

Here are the three big things I wish to let go of:

1. FEAR - the fear of change, the fear of not being good enough, the fear of not being loved, the fear of so many things.
2. ANXIETY - the constant monkey mind, the eternal critic's voice chattering away in my head, the constant worrying, it is wearing me down.
3. OLD WAYS OF COPING: the old ways are not working anymore, the emotional eating, the numbing out in front of the tv, the ignoring the signs, nope, just not working anymore. I have found peace in creating and I would like to give myself permission to be in that space more.

I wrote a poem today while thinking of this wish, here it is.
________________________________________________________________
what is this fear and anxiety that lives deep inside me
when did it start, when did I truly start to see
faith, love and trust, these are what I now seek
not this fear and anxiety which only makes me weak
while I move forward through this healing time
I remind myself the path to wholeness is worth the climb

__________________________________________________________________

So my fellow wishcasters, what do you wish to let go of?

18 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

Oh Karen, your wishes so resonate with me and I completely understand all you wish to let go of. It's as if you were peeking into my life and seeing me exactly as I am. How is it we get so bogged down with fear and anxiety? Your poem expresses it beautifully...As Karen wishes for herself so I lovingly wish for her also!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem Karen :)

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.

Jennifer said...

Lovely, lovely!
My sentiments exactly.

As you wish for yourself, so do I also wish for you with all my heart!

jennifer

Lawendula said...

Yes, as Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

We all know that kind of fear, that leads nowhere. so here's to let go and heading for free walks! :)

Holly said...

I love you. What a great wish...yep...outstanding. Here's to the power of three!

As Karen wishes so rightly for herself, I lovingly and with complete intention wish for her also!

Yep...I sure do!

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.
Beautiful hon..powerful wish!! I so deeply with this for you too!!! Sarah

Lexington said...

I could of wrote this myself. I can so relate to all of your wishes.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

WrightStuff said...

I learnt the hard way that relying on our 'old ways of coping' is not necessarily a very safe thing. I learnt that my old way was not terribly efficient or useful in the long term. May you find new ways that lift your soul, fight your fear and squash your anxiety!

Anonymous said...

As you wish for yourself, I wish also.

With Love & Light
So Mote It Be!
Mica aka LadySilverOak

Jamie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I am speaking right to you, beautiful :)

Lisa K said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

Yeah...the "old ways'... I think of it as 'my story'...which parts really do need editing and what parts need to be removed and what parts need some sprucing up!

Laura Daub said...

Beautiful poem. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.

Beverley Baird said...

What a beautiful poem!
What great things to let go of - may all wour wishes be fulfilled!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Janet said...

Karen, that which you wish for, i wish for you also.

Sarah Lulu said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.

Lovely poem.

Anna said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also

Betsy Brown said...

Echoing what the others have said - you could have been speaking my thoughts. I especially like letting go of the old ways of coping!

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.

Expressive Hart said...

Beauitful poem! Time for a new story around fears and ways of coping.

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.