Friday, December 18, 2009

Overwhelmed



Hi!
I just want to start by saying this is not to fish for compliments or anything like that, it is how I truly feel right now.

I am so overwhelmed out here in blogland, there are so many talented people with beautiful blogs and forget the amazing artists, too many to count. And I am spending so much time reading everyone's blogs and getting lost in the information overload that I am finding it hard to find my place here.

I feel like I will never get to the place where these other bloggers/artists are yet I am sure they had to start somewhere also. I just feel like a really tiny minnow in a huge pond just treading water.

I have been connecting with people and have met so many wonderful souls out here but at the end of the day I am home with me and I feel like i will never catch up to others that have gone before me.

I have just realized today that I need to start DOING and LEARNING so I can actually have something to write about so I am in the midst of trying to figure out how to go forward into 2010 with blogging and my creative work, whatever that means.
I have some e-courses lined up so I am trying to gain some focus, right now I feel like I am all over the place with no vision, plans or goals.

The funny thing is when thinking of a word to describe 2009 per Gwen Bell's Best09 I came up with turbulent. That sums up how I felt this year, starting creative work, be it writing, painting, singing, cooking, etc stirs up emotions and create cracks in your heart space which is a good thing. Creating those spaces makes room for growth...but...it also leaves you needing to let go of some stuff and boy am I finding that hard. My word for 2010 is RELEASE and I am hoping to release and then open.

If there is anyone out there with any hints or tips on how they got started with their creative works and blogs I would love to hear your stories.

Namaste,
Karen

7 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

Oh dear Karen, I so understand! When I started blogging in June I thought I'd be able to figure it all out and participate but my lack of technical skills is really hindering what I can put out there. I simply must figure out how to upload my photos and scan images to share. Oh yeah and I want some of that lovely music to play in the background! For now I'll just enjoy visiting everyone's beauitful blogs and admire all they've been up to. Your words are a gift and how you express yourself is certainly a talent!

Kim said...

Karen, I feel the same way... I read others blogs and see their focus and I ask myself WHAT is my goal? I get overwhelmed myself and don't know where to start and wonder how in the world all these talented people got it together. I decided that for now I am blogging for me and see where it takes me.. I just started reading a book called Blogging for Bliss and I have a few others I'm interested in as well that will hopefully help me find my own direction.
You write so well and I really enjoy reading your blog. (I know you said you weren't fishing for compliments...) but I think it needs to be said! You're awesome Karen!

Beverley Baird said...

I started blogging in March and it has taken some time to get going. I find being part of the next chapter book clubs and the creative every day challenges has helped. I still feel like a beginner but I blog for me and I try not to comapre. I know it is hard at times not to.
I am trying to enjoy the ride - and hopefully learn more as I go.
The music is still a no go! Haven't figured that one out yet! lol
I really enjoy visitng your blog. So keep it up.
And love your word of intention.
I have decided on a very simple one - YES!

brandi said...

~karen...i too have felt that way...i am amzed to stumble upon so many people who are above and beyond my creativity..but then i thought, when we are writing we are creating...thats what matters..we are all unique and have different talents, different gifts...different ways...by visiting, i have found much inspiration & motivation to strive for more...i feel blessed to have taken the first steps of starting a blog open to all...i have had a personal one for a couple years and hung onto whether i let others in...so as i pondered, i came to be, i needed a space that was just for me...to say, to write, to display all things beautiful. you are doing, achieving and seem to be seeking more...you will swim deep & far...may you RELEASE & BE OPEN...to finding your way...whether it be big or small...brightest blessings~

Amanda said...

I think you need to ask yourself why you blog.
If it's to compare yourself to others that you'll never get any satisfaction out of it.
I blog for me and I think if you start with yourself and your own needs, you can't go wrong.
Bring to it who you are and what you love. Write about the things that you want to write about, not what you think others want to hear.

Problogger is a great source of blogging tips too. :)

Amelia said...

oh my gosh, I just read this and felt like i had to say that I know what you feel, finding an 'angle' or something to write about on your blog when there are many out there, can be daunting. But I also want to say that I find your blog soooo inspiring and I visit it often. You have it filled with interesting places to go, you write with touching sincerity and it always touches me when people write with their own voice from the heart!!

I also agree about DOING, (I did a post with this on about a day later from when you put this, not having seen yours!!) naturally it leads to somewhere, whereas thinking can leave one in a stale-mate (not always of course!)

I love your blog, and have a very merry christmas and new year!

Amelia.x

Susan Schwake said...

hello! first time to your blog and was struck by the photo... then read this and a few other posts. my advice is just. be. you. that is always enough.
it's the remembering that which is tough.
happy new year -- susan