Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday Wish: What do I wish for the Holidays?


Hi Wednesday Wishers, it's that time again at Jamie Ridler's Studio. A time for wishing and dreaming and sharing with others.

This time I did not just immediately write what came to mind, I actually read the wish prompt before I went to bed then when I woke I thought of it again. What came when I woke was this expression.

"Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All" and this wish is a wish that I have not only for myself but for all of us.

I wish for peace in our hearts and spirits. When we truly know some peace within I feel we can then spread that peace outwards to those around us and the earth. I have struggled with finding this peace within, I feel overwhelmed sometimes with things that disrupt or interrupt that path to peace. But I continue to walk towards it.

Goodwill to all, to me this means really being present with others, to really see them, to hear them, to be there for them. When my stuff gets in the way when I am with others I can't really hear and see them for who they are.

So I wish you and yours the joy and love at the holidays and most of all I truly wish you PEACE and GOODWILL.

Thanks for always listening and being here.

Namaste,
Karen

20 comments:

Grammy said...

That is an awesome wish, thank you. big hug. May your wish so come true.
Happy holidays.

Amanda said...

Thanks, Karen.
As Karen wishes for us, so I wish for her.

Sulwyn said...

A lovely wish! As Karen wishes for herself and all of us, so I wish for her also.

Ginny said...

As Karen wishes for herself and others, I wish for her as well. Thank you for a wonderful wish.

Goodness said...

What a lovely wish.

As Karen wishes for us all, so I wish as well.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for us, so I wish for her.
Oh Karen that was beautiful! I agree with you..had not thought of it this way. To offer good will you have to present or all the "stuff" gets in the way. Beautiful post.
Happy Holidays hon, Sarah

Susie said...

As you wish for yourself, Karen, I wish for you, also.

brandi said...

~as Karen so beautifully wishes for herself so I wish for her too...may you find peace from within and remember alway to be in the present absorbing any and all around you...a great reminder for us all.. as you said "to really being present" thank you. brightest blessings~

Beverley Baird said...

I so agree with you. You have expressed the issue of peace and goodwill so eloquently!
As Karen wishes for us and herself, so I wish for her.
I wish you as well a blessed Christmas!

WrightStuff said...

A wonderful wish that we can all benefit from, thanks Karen :)
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you and us all too.

Expressive Hart said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I so wish for her also. Peace and Goodwill to YOU!

Sara @Soulspackle said...

As Karen wishes for herself and all of us, so I wish for her also. SO much peace today, that comes from all this wishing!

Lawendula said...

A joyful Xmas and a happy new year, Karen!
xoxo

Jamie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for us all, so I wish for us also.

Have a beautiful holiday! May your new year be filled with community, prosperity and joy!

Helen said...

As Karen wishes for us, so I wish for her too. Thanks.

Robin said...

Namaste also to you.

I hope the remainder of 2009 finds you well, warm, and excited about the year to come.

As you wish for peace and goodwill in this holiday season, so I wish for you.

Mescrap said...

As Karen wishes for us, so I wish for her.
Merry Christmas !!

Dayna Collins said...

Peace and goodwill to you, too! Thank you for your thoughtful and heart-warming wishes.

Kathryn Costa said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. May you find peace and spread it around to all you meet.

Renee said...

Karen this is a lovely post. Thank you for sharing it.

Merry Christmas.

Love Renee xoxo