Thursday, September 30, 2010
The Perfect Protest with Brene Brown
We can all use a perfection intervention so I am joining the Perfect Protest troops over at Ordinary Courage with Brene Brown in honor of her new book "The Gifts of Imperfection".
As you can see my video is far from perfect but it reflects the me that I am in this time and place, even if I couldn't quite figure out where to look on the screen!
I was over at Jen Lemen's blog today reading her perfect protest and she asked her readers to note in the comments (for a generous giveaway of Brene Browns book) one reason why you want to let go of trying to be perfect. The first answer that came to mind was I want to let go of trying to be perfect because it hurts too much. We can really undermine ourselves and others in the name of perfection, so for today I am letting perfection go.
Have a perfectly imperfect day!
PS: If there are problems viewing the video can you let me know.
Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Good for you!!!!
Thanks for the big smile! Yeah, striving for perfect sucks cause you're constantly failing! If you strive for IMperfection you'll always be successful! Aren't I brilliant? xoxo S.
I love it! Thanks for the giggle :) (Liz C's sister) Kath
xo!!!!
I just joined in on Brene's Perfect Protest. (Just found her blog last night, so I wasn't able to snap a picture). Once I hit a 30-something, I began to feel this way.
I have learned there is a sense of peace that comes with accepting little imperfections. :D
Have a great weekend!!
hahahahaha I love it!!
You made me smile!
this is wonderfully true .
glad to join you in this .
I love this Karen. :)
You are so much fun!!:)
You GO Woman! I love this and I love you!
xo Lis
Oh. My. God. I LOVE this video. I had a good laugh, and our message is perfect!
Loved it. Love you.
Hugs,
Lily
I participated in the perfect protest as well. Such a wonderful, HUMAN protest.
Your video made me smile! :)
Isa (from Unraveling)
lol loved your video!! it's been a while since i've visited your blog - looking good! :) hugs!!
Post a Comment