Friday, December 17, 2010

Fearless Friday Self Portraits

TGIF my friends.  I am so glad this week is over, I was sick for most of it but feeling a little better today.

Inspired by Vivienne McMasters "You are Your Own Muse" e-course which I just finished I will continue doing self portraits here once a week on Friday.  The courage my fellow class mates and Vivienne show in their self portraits has pushed me to come up against my own fears.

I have struggled with self-esteem and body image issues on and off for years and Vivienne's class along with Susannah Conway's Unravelling  classes have really opened my eyes to myself and the world around me which is helping me to know that I am enough in each moment.

The above self portrait was taken today at work sans makeup, using my phone camera for this quick shot.  After viewing the picture  I kind of like the way it came out though  it's a weird angle and a bit goofy that's me in this moment!

Have a great Friday.

Namaste,
KAren

7 comments:

Lily said...

Love the peek into you and your world! Hope you keep feeling better - love the shot of your dog snuggling with you. Please share the secret of how you get that to happen!

Hugs,
Lily

Jan said...

Glad you're feeling better. How brave you are posting self portraits. I'm glad you do as I love looking at them! That was something I found so hard during unravelling. I am so much further on now but maybe not so far as that!

Suzy said...

You are MORE than enough, my dear! Always.

Colette said...

Lovely selfie. Vivienne McMasters looks very interesting.

Liz said...

Hooray for feeling better! I always love your wonderful self-portraits:)

Lis said...

You look like you are up to something! I love it!

I suffered from an eating disorder when I was a teenager and have had pretty horrible self esteem until maybe the last 10 years? Even my husband, when hearing stories about me in younger days, cannot believe how full of shame I was about myself.

Honestly, doing the self portrait/365 project with some other unravellers was HUGE in terms of coming to validate myself as both a worthy subject and as a creator with something worth showing/saying. Long winded way of saying, I hope you keep this Friday tradition up!

And for the record: when one sees you, what BLAZES out of you is just this incredible sense of a person who passionately cares. Shine baby, shine! (and feel better!)

xo love you
Lis

Lis said...

You look like you are up to something! I love it!

I suffered from an eating disorder when I was a teenager and have had pretty horrible self esteem until maybe the last 10 years? Even my husband, when hearing stories about me in younger days, cannot believe how full of shame I was about myself.

Honestly, doing the self portrait/365 project with some other unravellers was HUGE in terms of coming to validate myself as both a worthy subject and as a creator with something worth showing/saying. Long winded way of saying, I hope you keep this Friday tradition up!

And for the record: when one sees you, what BLAZES out of you is just this incredible sense of a person who passionately cares. Shine baby, shine! (and feel better!)

xo love you
Lis