![]() |
| Self Portrait: Vivienne's McMasters class. Blurry |
What a gift it would be to go slow
To have patience as I change and grow
What a gift it would be to go slow
To have faith even when I don’t know
What a gift it would be to go slow
To have compassion as I find my flow
I am also participating in Gwen Bell's Reverb10 and the prompt today is as follows:
December 1 One Word
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)
My Response:
Word for 2010 = break. There were many cracks and breaks to my heart and spirit this year through upheavall, emotional chaos and change. November has been especially tough for me but as my friend Liz reminded me this is traditionally a time of harvest and contemplation.
Word for 2011 = open. Though change can hurt at times I don't want to rush to cover up these cracks and breaks, I want to sit with them and see where this expansion takes me.
Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Namaste,
Karen

16 comments:
What a fantastic combination you offer today!
(And I will enjoy knowing you through reverb10, too.)
As Karen wishes, so I wish for her also...
Read my wishcast here!
I love your self portrait! You are so talented -- a poet, writer, and artist. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.
That's a great poem- and great reminder to refer to when needed.
As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you.
Sweet. I love the poem combo. As you you wish, so I wish for you, too.
Karen, your poem is pretty dang brilliant - goose-pimple-inducing, even.
I love this page and how much focus and thoughtfulness is there♥
For all that Karen wishess to go slowly, so too do I wish for her all the space and time (like Neo, only - Kareno ;) to grow and flower at her pace.♥
What a thoughtful and lovely poem.
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.
Namaste
Your post is bursting with 'goodness', and you yourself must be bursting with talant what a great picture and poem to share thankyou for super thought provoking stuff here...as you wish for youself i sincerely wish for you also
wow--that is such a great combination, between the poem and the imagery breaking open...
As you wish for yourself, I so wish as well for you with my whole heart.
what a lovely post...your photo, poem, wish, one word. and how beautiful the imagery is..."break open"...may the breaks you felt this year be ones that open you to receive much goodness. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.
As you wish... I wish for you..... happy Wednesday.. xo hugs.. thks for sharing your heart.. xo
1) as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
2) I think you've chosen an amazing word for 2011 and I wish you the best on that journey.
As Karen wishes, so I wish for her also...
Hi my friend!! Sorry I have been gone..so much stress! I love your words..I feel like mine for 2010 has been "broken" or hiding maybe..ackkkk! I will consider my word for 2011..I love yours! Hugs and love to you, Sarah
loved your poem! i liked that you picked open as one of your words for 2010. staying open is one of the best things you can do for you will open to what's coming next. ;) hugs!!
I love your portrait and I love your word for 2011. I am really looking forward to getting to know you better!
Thank you for this beautiful post! It really made me think about how this year I chose the word "delight", but I can't say it really describes my experience. I'd say "explore" was a little more accurate. For 2011 I'd love for my word to be "listen" - this is something I'd like to get better at doing:)
And, indeed, as you wish for yourself my dear friend, so I wholeheartedly wish for you!
I see you´ve been redecorating again. Nice. :) Cool challenge combo.
I´ll be doing the reverb 10 too.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Post a Comment