![]() |
| Heart SunFlare 2010 |
I had finished some prior and will run around tomorrow finishing up what I can and it will be what it will be and that is OK. I am releasing the stress of the holiday season and embracing the community spirit of sharing this time with loved ones be it in times of joy or times of grief.
The picture above is one I took last week just pointing and shooting into sun. The sun flare produced a heart shape which was so cool and why I like taking flare pictures so much, you never know what will happen!
Ok so I venture back into my poetry/wish challenge. I am a bit rusty but I am commited to sharing so here is is, my winter's wish: (PS: I could not decide between these two versions.)
Blooms of spring, summer heat and fall harvest passed
the time has come to prepare for winters blast
embracing the gifts found in this dark time of year
sinking into the stillness of winter without any fear
moments filled with introspection as well as community
Winters wish knows alone or not there is always unity
and
Blooms of spring, summer heat and fall harvest have passed
the time has come to prepare for winters blast
embracing the gifts found in this dark time of year
sinking into the stillness of winter without fear
moments of introspection as well as community
winters wish is filled with peace love and unity
I also wanted to point you in the direction of my friend Lisa at Dandelion Seeds and Dreams and the project she is working on putting into place for Half Sky Foundation which provides "individual care and stimulation for the children living in Chinese welfare centers". If you would like what like to learn more and vote for Lisa on facebook please click Lisa's linked site above.
From my heart to yours I wish you all that you wish for this holiday season. Much love to you and yours.
Namaste,
Karen

14 comments:
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!!
Hi hon..you have been on my mind so much of late..how are ya hon..well other than the virus and your friend. Hugs and love to you and happy holidays to you and yours ,Sarah
I'm in the same place re: holiday prep. My friend recently had surgery for cancer and then a week later had a stroke. It's pretty easy to let your baking and wrapping plans go when faced with something like this. Good for you for being there for your friend. Life doesn't stop for the holidays. That being said, your Christmas card will likely reach you in 2011, but now you know why...
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
Happy holidays.
As Karen wishes for herself, I also so wish for her!
As Karen wishes for yourself, I wish for you also.
Happy Holidays1
Love your posts, love your poetic soul.
You area kind and giving perosn. I hope you receive all you wish for.
As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
I think you are giving of yourself completely in the truest sense of the season by being there for your friend.
::hugs::
What a fantastic photo!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.
Lovely, both.
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.
so much goodness in this post...the heart photo...your poems...your generosity to help your friend in need. wishing you a wonderful holiday season. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.
I am sorry to hear about your friend losing her dad. I am so glad that you can be there for. It is so important to have a good friend when you are grieving (I know)
I enjoyed both poems:)
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.
~good morning karen...happy belated winter solstice~yule blessings to you...i hope you had a wonderful day filled with only magical moments...as you wish for yourself so i wish with you as well...warm holiday wishes and brightest blessings upon you and yours always~
Sending you loving Christmas wishes:) Hope you're having a beautiful day!
Post a Comment