Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wishcast Wednesday and 52 Photo Project



After the storm
 
Good morning my fellow wishers and dreamers.  Today is Wednesday and over at Jamie Ridlers Studio's we are sharing wishes and at Bella's 52 Photo Project we are sharing our pictures. 

The prompts this week are "What is your Money Wish" and share a memory photograph.  I have been noticing since combining these 2 prompts that my wish and photograph are gelling well together.  This week is no different.  I first read Bella's prompt on Sunday and I immediately thought of the above picture taken at the beach last summer then I read Jamie's wish prompt today about money and you know how the story goes about a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. lol.  I have to say this wish prompt is difficult for me as I find it hard talking about money.

The money wish I have is pretty simple.  I would like to be able to find a way to make money doing something I love and that has purpose.  Currently I am working part time bringing in some money to contribute to my household and to support any classes I am taking.  In the 30 plus years that I have been working I have not really loved any job I had.  The people I worked with were always nice and there was nothing horrible about any of the jobs I just never felt satisfied.  I was lucky to have been able to find work and for that I am grateful but my deeper wish is that my job and purpose work together.   I have a strong desire to have my job mean something and to be able to support myself, do you know what I mean?  This is all about wishes so I am just putting this out there into the universe.

The photo prompt over at 52 Photos Project was to choose a memory picture.  This picture came to mind immediately as lately I have been trying to recall times I felt joy and hope in my life.  The last few years have been tough with deaths in the family and a marriage that is a bit rocky.   I find myself looking for all the life lines I can to get me through this time.
The feeling I had upon seeing this rainbow was of such pure joy and hope, it actually brought tears to my eye.  I have seen rainbows before but for some reason this one came at just the right moment.  I really felt that hope and joy right down to my bones, I ran all up and down the street taking pictures of it just so I could remember that feeling.  The sad thing is until this prompt I had forgotten that moment of joy which is giving me the idea to create a collage board of these pictorial moments, a visual reminder I can hang somewhere in my house and see it every day.  Sometimes you just need to remember there were and will be better days.

So what is your money wish today?  As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

May you and yours be well,
Namaste,
Karen

14 comments:

Amanda St.Clair said...

There will be better days ahead! As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

Liz said...

What a gorgeous photograph and a heartfelt wish.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

deb did it said...

beautiful photo and all it represents...as you wish for yourself , I also wish for you.

Birdie said...

Lovely photo.

My wish is too have enough money to have a business where I can offer end of life care or home support to people who can't afford it. For a nominal fee I would go to them and offer personal care or just clean their home.


As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you. ;-)

Namaste

Anonymous said...

May you find a job with meaning and fulfillment.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Cheryl said...

I am wishing for you all the hope and joy of finding that one true fulfilling job that will not feel like a job. Beautiful message.

AS you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

WOW... great photo!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Anonymous said...

here is to everything you desire finding you posy haste :)

as you wish i shall wish for you also <3 g!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Yes, I get what you mean about purpose and joy.
As KAren wuishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

BunnyKissd said...

GORGEOUS photo! As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well! ♥

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Great wish. There are better days ahead for us all. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Lis said...

I love the image of you running up and down snapping pictures of that rainbow! Yes, hang it where you can remember that feeling!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

xo Lis (giggling a little over the idea of you working to support your ecourse habit! Join the club!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. May your wish come true. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Marylo said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.