Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wiscast Wednesday and 52 Photo Project


Today is Wednesday and over at Jamie Ridler’s and Bella’s 52 Photo Project we are sharing our dreams, wishes and photos. Jamie is asking us “What do you wish for your health?” and Bella is asking us to share photos of water.

I have had some health problems over the years including asthma/copd, gerd and now a knee problem. It can be overwhelming and some days I feel like I can't remember a time I just felt good.  So today comes along and while I am worrying about the MRI I have scheduled next week and allergies are messing with my breathing I come across the above picture to share at Bella's and I am reminded of a time when I DID feel good.

The scene above is of Squam Lake which I took while attending  Squam Artworkshops  last September.  I can remember breathing in the beauty of that lake and all the emotions I felt being around like minded souls.  I was undone in a good way and still trying to assimilate the changes that occurred for me there. I felt accepted in a way I have not always felt, accepted and supported. I came up against a lot of my anxieties about being away from home on my own with no familiar faces and having to really pay attention to myself and my needs in a new way but  also knowing that If I fell there would be arms to catch me. It was a new experience for me, one I still find hard describing.

Long story short if you have read my blog before you know I can get caught up in the fear/anxiety cycle pretty darn quick and this only makes ALL my health problems worse. I am in a strange formless place somewhere in transition. It is DAMN uncomfortable and I am clinging to the old ways tooth and nail, which includes emotional eating and the fear based place of not feeling loved or being enough for this one or that one. Generally not taking GOOD care of myself.

Something else I worry about is what will I be giving up in order to move forward. I know in order to truly embrace this change I will be giving up some things or even some people and  beliefs I held about myself and my story.  Then a day like this comes along and I am in creative space for a few moments writing this wish and looking at my pictures remembering that time and space where I caught  a glimpses of who I could be, healthy, whole and open hearted.  I want to be that person and I need days like this to remind me that it IS possible, that I can connect to community and sacred space through creating.

I am learning there may always be tough days but I can balance them with time spent in connection and creating which can only help my healing.  I thank both Jamie and Bella for creating these spaces for community and connection, I am truly grateful for these spaces.

I am feeling all over the place this week and I can see it today in my writing but I am just going to put it out here and let it be what it is.  So what are you wishing for your health today? As you wish for yourself, I am wishing for you also.

May this day find you and yours well.

Namaste,

Karen

19 comments:

Sandra Marie said...

Beautiful photo - love the rays of light! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen Wishes for herself, I so wish for her also!
Hi hon...I have missed talking with you. Seeing that beautiful picture and thinking maybe it was taken with my baby made me smile. That it was there with you while you felt that way...made me feel like I was too..there with you!
I totally understand where you are hon..I kinda feel that way of late too. Sending hugs and love, Sarah

Susan said...

wishing with you..

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful photograph, it heals the soul just to look at it.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Oh, what an incredible photo!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

I love the photo. As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.

Liz said...

Loved being there with you! And I always adore your gorgeous sun flare/tree pictures - you have a gift:)

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

Kim Switzer said...

What a gorgeous photo! I feel so drawn in to that peace and beauty you caught.

I really felt such a connection to what you wrote. Hang in there! If we keep moving forward, we can get where we're aiming. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Anonymous said...

all the anxiety/fear and ... a grief? ... it sits on your chest. shameless plug, i am an energy healer. :)

sweetness. you are good.

as you wish i shall wish for you also <3 g!

Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

So very beautiful!
Donna

Cheryl said...

Your photo is so serene. I'm sorry to here that you suffer from anxiety attacks. I do as well and they can be really nasty.

mandy l. smith said...

Love the light on the water. Beautiful. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Jenni at Mamahhh said...

Squam! I hope to have a Squam experience someday - thank you for bringing it back to my attention. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you, too, for the greatest good for all.

Birdie said...

I was just reading your post about Bella! Those are clearly the best ears I have ever seen on any dog, ever. Please tell her I said so.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

bella said...

Karen - such a beautiful photo and honest words. Wishing for you what you wish for yourself. xo

Lis said...

Such wonderful memories ... that view is so healing! I can't wait to share with you in 4 months!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

xo Lis

Ceanne said...

I understand very much where you're coming from. When I let my fear and anxiety drive me, I get so stuck. I also love the picture of the water--when I am near water is when I truly the happiest.

As you wish for yourself, I also truly wish for you!

Miss Robyn said...

it is amazing how often that I stumble upon other women around the world who have the same fears & worries as I do.. i often get caught up in the fear & panic - fear of change and moving on.. but I am learning [slowly] that I am a divine being.. connected always to source..
As you wish for yourself, Karen, so I wish for you. bless

Sylvia said...

oh! so beautiful and powerful photo!
BE WELL :)