![]() |
| OPEN |
Good morning my fellow wishers. Today it's Wednesday and over at Jamie Ridler's Studios it's a day to share our dreams. The wish prompt today is: what do you wish to know? I am also participating in Bella's 52 Photo Project where this week the prompt was: Color.
So here is the thing about today's wish, it's tricky for me since I have been spending the last year or so cultivating a sense of "not knowing". This may sound odd but the NEED to know has been a big stumbling block in my moving forward. So this will be an odd wish for me to answer but try I will.
I spent many years wrapped up in the vortex of having to know, finding safety in the finding and knowing of things. I am now working towards being ok with the NOT knowing, you can really get lost in that NEED to know. I am learning to distinguish between what I truly need to know with what is ok not knowing. ( It is hard for me to explain this in writing.)
Obviously I need to know things, like what time I have to be somewhere, how to get there, what I have to bring with me to be prepared, how many tsps of this or that go into this or that. On the other hand having to know the cause of everything can be a way to get trapped in that cycle of why, why, why, some things just ARE. I know I am an extemely sensitive person with some trauma held in my body, I don't need to know the actual cause to move through it, that need to know can actually turn into another distraction which in turn keeps me stuck. So basically what I wish to KNOW is that I will be ok with the NOT knowing.
I met Bellla online during some e-courses. I love her blog and the way she sees the world through her photos. You can find out more about her at She Told Stories or here at 52 Photo Project. My response to this week's prompt is the pic above of the open flag waving in the blue sun filled skies. It makes me happy seeing it and it takes me back to the moment I took the picture. I can almost feel the sun on my face and to me that is what a picture can do, take you back to that moment.
Lastly I did an interview with the lovely Jen Lee which includes a giveaway of her new multimedia package, "Finding Your Voice" Just click here to read and enter. Interview with Jen Lee.
I have to say this week was hard for me and I am still not sure I explained it in the right way. I try not to edit these wish posts too much, just going with what comes out when I spend time with the wish.
As always what you wish for yourself, I am also wishing for you. May this day find you and yours well.
Namaste,
As always what you wish for yourself, I am also wishing for you. May this day find you and yours well.
Namaste,
Karen

18 comments:
I love how your photo also represents the vulnerability of your wish. I hear you though and as you wish for yourself, I wish the same for you. xo
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!
You make total sense to me! I think the need to KNOW is really just trying to have a sense of control over life, so to me making peace with what we cannot know is understanding we and life are in process. (and now I am finding it hard to express my point through words.) There is knowing and there is living. For me, there are times when trying to figure it all out is just a stalling tactic; then I know (!) it is time to follow my gut and/or my heart.
Love your image and the memory it evokes!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
xo Lis
I understand you about the need to know, and needing to be ok with not knowing sometimes. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
I love your answer to the question : ) As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.
the photo reminds me of a sail. your wish to Not Know reminds me of flow ... darling, set sail. you ARE in the flow :)
i wish for and as you wish <3 Gayle!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
The sailboat picture... perfect, love it! :]
Hi Karen..."I need to know that I don't need to know it all." Your post made me really think how needing to know really is a stumbling block in some things. Having trauma in my life has made me get stuck in that rut as well..when what I really need to know is how to move forward, regardless of the why of what happened. I wish you much blessing in your journey and your photo and description made me feel sun on my face, too. so, you are doing just fine in explaining yourself! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! www.queenbartistry.blogspot.com
I think you said it perfectly. Being stuck in the explanation of why keeps you stuck in the past. I've been there. Release it into the cosmos. Therein lies freedom.
I thought your photo was of a sail and I immediately felt the wind in my hair,the water's buoyancy under my feet,and the wonderful warm rays of the sun on the back of my neck.
Love the photo and your wish. I know exactly what you mean. I think you expressed it honestly. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for you also.
I think you explained it perfectly. And as someone who has learned to accept not having answers to some very big questions, I understand the struggle.
not knowing...that's a tough one. but so worth practicing! getting to that graceful state of openness and curiosity is something i wish for and work for too.
xo, lisa
A gorgeous photo to open the post! I love the honesty and vulnerability in your post.
As you wish for yourself I wish for you also.
Your post is full of insight, vulnerability, and self-reflection. The picture is beautiful.
Oh yes the wanting to know has been and is a stumbling block as well as a "distraction" in my inner journey through life.
Thank you for sharing this.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Eva
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
Love the photograph, thank you ever so for the link to the solar plexus stuff. I really appreciate that kind of thing.
Thank you for visiting xoxo
And wisdom to know the difference. :)
Wonderfully colourful picture.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Post a Comment