Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wishcast Wednesday and 52 Photo Projects


Necklace and Kelly Rae Box sitting on my table
Hello my fellow wishers and dreamers, today over at Jamie Ridler's Studios and Bella's 52 Photo Projects we are sharing our wishes and images.

Today's prompts are:  What do you wish for your summer and what picture holds the words that describe you.

I almost did not post today since I have been going through tough times physically and emotionally and I always think people want to only read happy go lucky stuff but you know what F#@% it , this is my life right now and if I don't share the bad times along with the good times I am only showing you one side of me and my life. 

One summer wish is that I remember the words above, to BREATHE and have FAITH and COURAGE.  These are the words describing me right now in this moment. 

There is much going on for me these days on the physical and emotional planes... Physically I was just diagnosed with arthritis of my knee, aggravated it by injury and found out with MRI. So I feel like this is another (along with already existing asthma) chronic condition I need to get used to in my life. Emotionally the roller coaster ride I call marriage is coming out of the swooping stomach dropping free fall it was in recently and  heading back up the hill but these free falls take their toll on me.   When these things happen it seems like the ride back up the hill takes an eternity and I have to watch out not to lose my faith and endurance along the way. 

Another wish for this summer is that my husband and I enjoy each other, warts and all, and re-connect on all levels and I wish to also re-connect with my sense of self that gets lost during tough times, and to truly enjoy all the joys of the season with friends and family.

I recently wrote a letter to my body over at Kristin Noelle's which I would like to share here today because it is a wish of mine to read this letter to myself each day until it seeps into my soul.

Dear body of mine,

I wanted to first say I am so sorry for the way I have been mistreating you over the years. I go from being really aware of all your flaws to completely ignoring you all together. We have been on a bumpy ride the two of us, never quite comfortable together. I know part of this was no fault of ours but now it is time to get back on track and learn to live together in a healthy and loving way.

I want to say I love you to my upside down bowling pin legs, my over 40 belly, my bumpy toes and old man lined hands. I want to say forgive me to my smile for neglecting it for fear of judgment over a front tooth which is crooked due to a beloved niece knocking her head into mine.

I want to promise you that I will try to always fill you with nourishment and love and forgive me for those days when only grilled cheese and chocolate will do. I want to start moving with you more, getting into the flow of an active life. And though we may have some health concerns to deal with I will do my best to keep us as healthy as I can and respect and love you as I would a dear friend.

But most of all I want to say thank you for always being here for me even when I felt unsafe and unloved. May we have many healthy and happy years ahead of us.

Love,
Karen

So my fellow wishers what are you wishing for your summer?  As you wish wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

Namaste,
Karen

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very brave of you to bare your soul like this. I think it is a wonderful thing. We don't all just want to hear the happy, chirpy stuff - I want to see all sides of a person - to feel their realness.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Kim Switzer said...

Love your word picture, but most especially I love your letter to your body. I could hear myself echoed in your words and feel inspired to try to mend fences with my own body. Thank you!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

" M " said...

Hang in there brave lady , I will be prayin for ya , to heal .

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also !

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Lovely image, wonderful colours & composition.
I agree with your "these are all my facets" approach. Compassionate letter to yourself.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best, and I love the letter. As you wish for yourself, I wish also for you.

Beverley Baird said...

Love your letter - what a great way to connect with it and see what needs to be done.
May your relationship be filled with love and the ride up the hill be a quick one!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also !

lareveusedebijoux said...

I wish you the best!!!

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

eclairee-creative
http://eclaircreative.canalblog.com

kelly barton said...

smooch.

My Courageous Life said...

Thank you for sharing your truth and your letter with all of us. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Sandra Marie said...

Thank you for sharing your letter to your body! I relate to the love/hate relationship :-) Your photo is also lovely - that necklace is amazing.

Happy Summer, Karen! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!