Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Pursuit of Healthfulness - Week 6


This week as I post my update (late) for week 6 of My pursuit of Healthfulness with Melissa over at My Red Tutu, I realize I have been doing alot of emotional healing lately.  This past week my pursuit has been as much about my mind and spirit as my body. 

On the nutrition/diet front I have been successful in adding greens to my diet each and every day, I have even been taking pics of them and posting them on instagram as #dailygreens.  My favorites are, collards, spinach, arugula, broccoli rabe and kale.  I saute them lightly in extra virgin olive oil with red pepper flakes, curry, salt and a touch of honey. 

On the mind/spirit front I have recently connected with Jane Cunningham over at Reframing Your Story.  Jane with listening and creating art will take one of your stories, you know the one you have been telling yourself over and over, the one that holds you back and keeps you stuck, the one you need healing from.   She will take your story and tell it from a different perspective, to look at it through eyes of love and compassion.  What I discovered in my session was that I have not felt loved or important for most of my life, and I have the power now to get in touch with that girl inside and give her that love.  The girl below with the two tight ponytails who is withdrawn and very sensitive, the girl who has pushed things down for so long.  I can go back and show her she is loved and important.  I know it may not be easy and it may take a bit to reach her but I am on the way. 

 Another resourse I am planning on checking out is the book, What are your Emotions Trying to Tell You, which was recommended by my friend Joy Tanksley who I have done coaching with.  I have been emotionally eating since childhood so now is the time to change those patterns, to create new ones.



I leave you with this Yogi Tea message, I love getting messages from the magical to the mundane from unlikely sources.  This one was a reminder, one I needed to hear this day, Yes where there is love there is no question.  Let's jump on over to Melissa over at My Red Tutu and see what she has been up to.

As always I would love to hear where you are on your Pursuit of Healthfulness.

Namaste,
Karen

5 comments:

Beth said...

Wonderful post and pictures :) I love the color of the greens - don't you love the tea messages? They stay with me all day - like a mantra a day - wonderful :)

xoxo

Steph said...

Thank you for sharing your story here Karen and YAY for this journey of yours!

I keep trying to make healthy eating choices - one day at a time. Thanks for the inspiration.

Steph
xo

brandi said...

~there is nothing like words from a bit of tea to help bring confort to our day...i wish you much strength as you journey down this lane...awaken your spirit and release your pain...stay for a good long visit and accept the change...brave you are and loved as well...much love light and blessings shining brightly upon you~

kelly barton said...

good morning my little irish lass.
i love all of this. i have started juicing. would
love to do that twice a day and have just one normal meal. and i always love a good yogi tea message. what is your favorite yogi tea?

melissa said...

Yay for giving love to that little girl inside. Always remember You Deserve it and all the happiness in the world! You are doing much better than I in the eating front. Not too many greens for me this past week...must get back to healthier eating now that I am home!