Hey Friends I am doing 3 posts in one this weekend as I could not get to my computer on Wednesday. So I am doing my weekly check in with Melissa over at My Red Tutu for our Pursuit of Healthfulness, Wishcast Wednesday with Jamie Ridler and sharing pics with Bella over at 52 Photos Project.
The funny thing is they all kind of go hand and hand this week with each other and my Healthy Pursuit.
Jamie Ridler : What do you wish for your Health and Wellness
Bella: Where to you go to renew your spirit
I have noticed in my pursuit of Healthfulness this week that I am truly addicted to sugar in the form of bread and dark chocolate, I literally can not go a day without them and I believe it is taking a toll on my health and energy. I try to go for the apple but then I just eat the chocolate right after. I'm also noticing the bread and chocolate feed off each other when I have one I crave the other. This has been very frusterating for me because I AM noticing it but not changing it yet. I have kept up with adding greens every day at least once if not twice a day. I even had kale with my eggs this morning. Another thing I noticed is if I go to long without eating I will overeat so I would like to plan my meal times a bit better.
In addition to diet and nutrition for Jamie's prompt what do I wish for my health and wellness and Bella's where to you go to renew your spirit prompt the answer would be to spend more time in nature. I have been pretty inactive lately and even taking a short walk in the park this week had my legs cramping, a sure sign that I have not been moving enough. My spirit is renewed while taking photo walks through the park and just noticing the beauty of the trees against the natural canvas of the sky, it truly soothes my soul.
So as you wish for yourselves, I am also wishing for you. I would also love to hear where you are in your Pursuit of Healthfulness. Let's jump on over to Melissa at My Red Tutu and she what she has to share this week.
Namaste,
Karen



4 comments:
Beautiful Karen!!
Karen - it's so difficult finding the healthy balance - especially during the winter months! Good for you - for getting out the other day - and finding your place of joy and peace. I've done a lot of research on the benefits of dark chocolate - and their are some great health benefits - one of the best kind of healthy chocolates on the market today - is Gnosis Chocolate - it's a raw vegan organic chocolate (and local for us!)- and worth every penny- mixed with a variety of herbs and nutritious berries or nuts. It's a taste that is vastly different from any other kind that I've tried. Even my daughter likes it!
I love all your fabulous photos and your bravery at taking steps on your journey of Self-discovery! :) hugs to you my friend
Lovely . . .
Very interesting! You know, I had to give up chocolate last year and I hadn't noticed it, but I really haven't been into bread so much since then... And a big hooray for greens - I'm right there with you - can't get enough kale or chard these days. Yum!
Post a Comment