Friday, October 30, 2009

The Joy Diet - Ingredient Treats~


Hello my fellow dieters over at Jamie Ridler's Book Blogging Group.
This week in "The Joy Diet" is the ingredient TREATS. Well I have to admit although I could not find the time to read this chapter this week I kept the idea of "treats" in my daily thoughts. Here are some treats I did have time for these last few weeks.

A long overdue shopping spree to Anthropologie, I love this store and I try to save up for a visit here and there. I love going in and browsing it is just so beautifully layed out. Here is a picture of some purchases I made, most on sale, which was great.

Click for larger view.

I have treated myself to some online courses in writing/art/photography and even a retreat class from a fellow wisher/dieter which I am loving, thanks Kathryn at Collage Diva. I have to say these treats have paid off in spades, they are treats that just keeps giving. I have met some wonderful people and I have discovered some creative energy in me that has been longing to get out and play.

And of course as the picture above shows I have treated myself to some dark chocolate everyday, just some at the end of my work day, I don't drink coffee so this is my pick me up treat.

And finally I continue to treat myself to this book and blogging with my fellow dieters, it has been a wild ride and I am enjoying sharing it with all of you.

I look forward to reading all about your week with treats and I will add to this post when I read the chapter.

Have a great weekend!
Namaste,
Karen

11 comments:

WrightStuff said...

Yay! I am enjoying the treat of sharing with you all too! Love that scarf! It feels really good to treat yourself and remove the guilt doesn't it! I treated myself to taking a huge risk!

Kaileen Elise said...

Oh I love your treats! The chocolate & antro combo is definitely something I might borrow for a little Sunday afternoon delight. Thanks for sharing. xo, kaileenelise

Liz said...

You are the treat! Wonderful week getting to see your beautiful face:) Have a fabulous weekend!

Helen said...

Yes, dark chocolate, feeding our creative souls, and Anthropolgie are favorites of mine too (even though only one of them made it onto my list this time, which only means I'll be adding more later). Here's to continued pursuit of joy!

Rebekah said...

It sounds like you've been having a great treat week, despite being behind in your reading. I <3 dark chocolate, too. It is a delcious treat. I hope more treats come your way!

Beverley Baird said...

Great treats!
Happy Hallowe'en!

Lisa @sacred circle said...

Hmmm... I've never been to Anthropologie, but from the looks of you photo, it sounds like a place I'd like to explore! Good for you for treating yourself to some delights this week... woohoo!

Dayna Collins said...

Dark chocolate is a food group all by itself, isn't it??!!?? Hey, if you're interested in being in the next Around the Block swap, go check out the Yahoo group: In This House and Garden. A new swap is planned for the new year and you might want to join in.

Lexington said...

I love the things that you treated yourself too. Especially, the items from Anthropologie. Thank you so much for sharing your week with treats .

Melita said...

there is nothing better than treats! it has been my treat getting to know you. hugs!!

Sherry Ways said...

Wonderful thank you for the pic of chocolates- my favorite treat.