
Image: http://a4.vox.com
Hi All,
I have had so many health issues the last few years that I have let it get me down. I think these problems have alot to do with stress and the way I handle it.
I really believe stress can be so very harmful to our minds, body and spirit. I am committed to finding better ways to handle the stress I have in my life.
I was just starting to feel the stress of preparing for Thanksgiving at our house when I stopped myself and thought are people really going to think less of me if my house is not spotless and perfectly decorated. I am sick this week as it seems to be every holiday season and I need to just work around it and whatever gets done is fine, I will be ok with that.
We will have food on the table and friends and family over and that is what I am choosing to focus on, the friendship and the community spirit of Thanksgiving..
Of course I say that now, I will let you know it acutally pans out ;-)
Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. I leave you with this Thanksgiving poem:
Thank You Life
Thank you for this breath
Thank you for this inhale
Thank you for this exhale
Thank you for this Life
Thank you Heart
Thank you for this pounding
Thank you for this pulsing
Thank you for this Love
Thank you feet
Thank you for this walk
Thank you for this run
Thank you for the Dancing
Thank you Eyes
Thank you for the Sunrise
Thank you for the Sunset
Thank you for all the Colors
Thank you Ears
Thank you for The Music
Thank you for the Rhythm
And Thank you for the Stillness
Thank you Hands
Thank you for the Caressing
Thank you for the Clapping
And Thank you for the Holding
Thank you Mouth
Thank you for the nourishment
Thank you for the Wine
Thank you for the Kisses
Thank you Nose
Thank you for the Flowers
Thank you for the Pines
Thank you for the Sniffles
Thank you Arms and Shoulders
Thank you for the Carrying
Thank you for the Burdening
And Thank you for the Hugging
Thank you Voice
Thank you for the Expression
Thank you for the Word
Thank you for the Gift of Creation
Thank you for this Day
Thank you for the Light
Thank you for the Stars
Thank you for the Night
Thank you Self
Thank you for the Laughter
Thank you for the Play
Thank you for You
Thank you for the Emotions
Thank you for the Joys
Thank you for the Tears and Sorrows
Thank you for the Richness
Thank you for the Abundance that is.
Thank you for the Abundance that is given.
Thank you for the so many experiences and so many things
Thank you for this Dance.
Thank you Life
by Gary van Warmerdam
4 comments:
As a Type A personality with a smidge of OCD and Martha Stewart tendencies I so understand the desire to get everything "perfect" (or at least as we perceive it to be). It does create agreat deal of stress and I usually get sick on Christmas Day or shortly thereafter...when all is done my body collapses. Not Good!!! I have gotten better lately at realizing that the meories we make are of the time spent together and rarely will all the fuss be remembered...so I commend you on your efforts to de-stress and simply enjoy the holidays...I will be praying that you are successful!!!
a heads up, I've given you an award...check out my blog!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Think it´s already February 25th. :D When faced with a non spotless livingroom think: In ten years time, will this matter? In one hundred years time, will anybody care?
What about getting stress-less buddies? People you can check on and help each other to lower the holiday season stress levels.
sending you a huge hug karen! i am sorry to hear about you not feeling well and letting stress get you down. i heard a quote once that said something like what happens in life is 10% and the other 90% is how you react to it. i agree with that completely. at least you recognizing that the stress is what is getting you down is the first step in changing how you react to what drama goes on around you. i hope that things get better because i had to hear about you feeling bad. i hope you had a great thanksgiving. i am thankful to have found your blog and for your friendship. hugs my friend!!
Post a Comment