
Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studio the wish prompt is What is your winter wish?
My wish for this winter season is that I slow down and tune in to my internal rhythms. Winter is the time for hibernating, introspection and dreaming. To settle into the the darkness and prepare for the coming light.
It is not the season of doing and yet the commercialism around this time of year can sometimes have people running here and there from party to party and shopping mall to shopping mall, this is just not the natural state for this time of year and all the stress and running around probably contributes to lowered immune systems and cold catching.
So My wish is to slow down, breathe and connect to the real joy to be found in this season, connecting with my friends and loved ones in a more genuine way. To continue to be grateful for all I have now in this moment and to try to find ways to share with others.
I also wish for the type of snow day where everyone is safe at home before a fire with a warm cup of tea or cider in their hands, for that kind of peace and quite that is found after the snow has stopped falling where everything seems to be standing still and there is magic in the air.
What are your winter wishes my fellow wishcasters and dreamers.
Namaste,
Karen
29 comments:
A cup of tea with loved ones sounds wonderful:)
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish also.
May your winter wishes come true.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Yes, calming down and breathing deep, such a good idea! xo
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.
I love your description of snow and being inside all safe and snuggly! We don't get snowdays where I live!
You may like to check out the advent calendar link on my blog to a site called 'Ready, Steady, Slow. Daily reflections helping us to slow down this season. Yesterday, they have talked about spending some time just listening to yourself breathe. Wise words. May your Winter wishes all come true Karen.
As you wish, so I wish for you! Take time andslow down.
As Karen wishes for herself, I so lovingly wish this for her also. I hope it snows gently for you.
Such valuable insights! It's true that this is the time for hibernation and slowing down yet we are busier than ever. What a dumb society we have!
As Karen intelligently wishes for herself, so I wish for her too!
May your wishes come true, Karen!
I'm dreaming of a white winter too...
I think you hit it right on the nose, we need to slow down and appreciate all we have. As you wish for yourself I wish for you.
Love the pic! And the wish :)
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also! ♥
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Oh Karen...yousaid so beautifully what my heart has been crying for. It has been asking me to sit back and create with out all of the craziness. My knitting and quilting is asking me to take a break, Mmmmm cider..yes please!! Wonderful post hon! Namaste, Sarah
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I can attest to slowing down - I'm in the midst of helping my parents prepare for their first marketplace as a business, which means figuring out all of the little things, like packaging, business cards, displays, etc.; all along with attempting to gauge how much we need to bake!
Karen, you are a woman after my own heart as we share the same wish.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
Wishing you nothing but goodness as you curl up with a nice cup of tea. :)
As Karen wishes for herself so I wish for her also. May you find many sacred pauses throughout this holiday season.
Your wish is in sync with mine, not surprisingly. It is quietly, gently, and well spoken. I loved it.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also with abundance. Wishing you much comfort and joy in the magic of the season!
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I hope you enjoy the deliciousness of slowing down and taking it easy. I agree about the manic commercialism aspect being miserable, no thanks. But I will keep busy to keep warm this year! :)
As Karen wishes for herself, so I warmly wish for her. I feel you may have already gotten your wish!
It's always a good reminder to slow down just as everything around us speeds up. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish also.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.
As Karen wishes for herself so too do I understand completely and wish for Karen ~♥~ May all of your world find pace within your breath.
~Shamsi
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well. Blessed be!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! As Karen wishes, so I sent the intentions to the Universe as well. May your winter bring happy times with close friends and family!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! What a perfect image to accompany your wish. So inviting! I don't have a fireplace, but maybe I can find a nice burning log screensaver. Thanks for coming to visit my blog and for your good wishes. Many blessings your way!
As Karen wishes for herself, I so wish for her also. Here's to slowing down and enjoying!
love this wish. as karen wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.
~as Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her~
beautiful picture and wish....may you find calmness in each hour of the day...
Post a Comment