Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wishcast Wednesday: What is your spirit wishing for?


Happy Wednesday my fellow wishcasters. Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studio Jamie our wishmaster has put forth the following wish prompt: What is your spirit wishing for?

As always I like to see what comes to me right away, if I ponder too long my critical mind gets in the way and starts to edit all my thoughts.

So today...the first thing that comes to mind is RELEASE, this word came to me when a fellow Full Moon Dreamer, Pen pointed me in the direction of Christine Kane and her word of the year suggestion. The first word that popped into my mind for 2010 was RELEASE and I guess that is a message my spirit is sending me regarding it's wishes.

I feel releasing some of the things in my life that are obviously no longer working for me can allow space for change and growth in my life in all areas, mind body and spirit. I feel I could benefit from releasing some of my expectations regarding the way I think things "should" be, actually I think I really need to limit that word from my vocabulary.

I would also like to release my dependency on food for comfort and start to really make room for healthier alternatives to comfort my spirit.

Most of all I wish to release my spirit from the cage I have put it in over the years and finally let it out to help me soar to those heights I have been afraid to climb. I have been ignoring my spirits messages for so long... I feel it is time to wake up and listen and thanks once more to Jamie the message is coming across loud and clear.

I picked a picture of a soaring eagle this week since in animal medicine/totems the eagle represents the spirit.

So my fellow wishers what are the messages your spirit is sending you, what does your spirit wish for?

Namaste,
Karen

36 comments:

kazari said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
A soaring spirit is a wonderful wish!

Robin said...

Karen! Your choice of the word "release" is so very fitting. It truly embodies so many deep thoughts and emotions.

So as you wish for yourself, so I joyfully wish for you!

LissaL said...

May you release & let go of what you do not need and leapn2life:)

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Lawendula said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Fly high, you brave eagle! :)

Grammy said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Awesome! Look like you are read to sprout your wins and fly.

Sarah Lulu said...

As karen wishes for herself, I so lovingly wish this for her also.

Wings!!!

Linda said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Release - soar off into the blue like a brave eagle Karen, what wonders you might see up there!

LMA said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

As "freedom to be who I am" popped into my own head, and you've already written my post, can I just link people to you? :-D

I sincerely hope you find your release. I'll be cheering you on!

Anonymous said...

i love that word: release.

as karen wishes for herself, so i wish for her also!

Sheila Cain-Sample said...

Yes release a wonderful choice, when you clear out you open up other possiblities.

As you wish for yourself I wish for you.

brandi said...

~as Karen wishes for herself so I wish for her too...release...a beautiful, bold word...may you release your way into the new year...soaring above and beyond all you hope for~

Anonymous said...

I wish for you all the space you need for change and growth within all areas of your life, mind body and spirit.
As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

Jennifer said...

"Let go" has become my mantra of late....I suppose if I had to condense that down to one word for the year, it would be RELEASE, wouldn't it? :D
SO much to let go of so that we can SOAR! Let's learn to fly together!

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her with all my heart!

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Release is a great word and action for us all.

Diva Kreszl said...

As karen wishes for herself I so lovingly wish for her also!

Lis said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I see you releasing the no-longer needed and releasing all the hidden treasures that have been incubating within. Inspiring post, thank you!

Sulwyn said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

A lovely wish and a wonderful word to focus on.

Suzie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Enjoy the freedom the power of release will bring to your life!

Goodness said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Wishing you a blissful release . . .

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Karen wishes for herself so I wish for her also.

Cool choice of word, so powerful. It took me a few months to avoid the word "but" that was really prominent in my vocabulary. :)

Kathryn Costa said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Last year was the first time I selected a watchword for the year -- it was quantum leap. For December my word is "pause." I haven't selected a word for 2010 but it may be "becoming." The words are great to play with throughout the year. I had a ring made with my word stamped onto it. I love putting it on each day to remind me of the strides that I'm making in my creativity and business pursuits.

Beverley Baird said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
May you truly be released from all that holds you back - so you can soar like an eagle.

Sara @Soulspackle said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

When I saw the eagle photo, I knew were were on the same page today. Release is an excellent word for 2010 for you -- I am still seeking mine, I've whittled it down but the single words needs to reveal itself to me.

I too need to discover what I am truly seeking when I go for comfort food. Our spirits have the answer, we just need to listen! Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also. What a wonderful wish!

Joy said...

As Karen wishes for herself so I too wish for her as well. May you release whatever is necessary to soar as high and as majestically as the eagle:)

WrightStuff said...

Have you noticed that even just saying the word seems to do just that... RELEASE, exhale, let go...
As you wish for yourself Karen, so I wish for you also.

Amelia said...

I wish to soar to the heights of my potential too. I have always had a thing about eagles and about freedom!

Release is good. I wish to stop for a moment too and listen . . . .

That piece at the top of my latest post is mine,and thanks for the comment and the wish for success. I have been wholly re-defining success in my life recently, so this is all good.

Peace and love,

Amelia.x

PS I wish it for you also.x:)

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Mescrap said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I love your word , "Release".

Giulietta the Muse said...

Hi Karen,

You've got a ton of responses! Seems like you've released some magic into the air already. Two many people in cages! Please let yourself out so you can fly anywhere you want!

I wish for you to release yourself.

Giulietta, always musing

Expressive Hart said...

May you release all that no longer serves you and soar towards all that serves towards all that your heart desires. As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Oh hon all I could think as I read this was it is the essence of what I mean when I say Let Fly! May you soar hon!!
Namaste, Sarah

Sheila said...

As Karen wishes for her self, so I wish for her as well.

Release as a word/concept brings to MY mind release programs for certain wild animals into environs where they are meant to thrive. What a fabulous wish!

Courtney said...

Here is to taking flight. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you.

Rebekah said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

I've been trying to "release" things, too. I'm right there with you on food as comfort!

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

A great word for the new year.