Friday, February 11, 2011

Self Portrait February 11, 2011

Dreaming of Spring and taking a much needed sunbreak at work.

I am slowly emerging from the darkness of winter.  This year the darkness hit me hard, mind, body and spririt.  I've been going with the flow over here even when it doesn't feel so flowy, if you know what I mean.

Yesterday I felt that spark of lightness and hope, I KNOW Spring is right around the corner, I can feel it and I am ready for it.

Today I took a sunbreak at work and soaked in the rays that have been so sparse here these last few weeks.
May you always know that when the darkness comes the light isn't far behind, they both make us who we are and there are lessons to be learned within both.

Namaste friends,
Karen

9 comments:

Milena said...

Karen, I know what you mean, the darkness has hit me hard too this winter. We had a little sun today and it made me feel so much better to know that the promise of spring is there. We need to keep hoping and catching those rays xxx

Joy Tanksley said...

Mmm... beautiful. Do you know the song "You Must Believe in Spring"? Your post brought the song to my mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bDFDYhXqPM

jan said...

Glad you are emerging from the darkness. Maybe I am too. I'll take a tip from you and catch those precious rays whenever I can.

Lily said...

I love seeing the light on your face and the spark in those lovely blue eyes...

Kerry Bolster said...

Literally know exactly how you feel.......I have the winter blues.....it is COLD everyday. Spring can not come fast enough......But i do have to say that January and 1/2 February are moving along fast.............

keep warm friend.....
xxoo
k

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh yes, I've been right there in the dark with you. I am so glad you can feel spring's approach. I absolutely can not but believe it must be true. Welcome back to the light my friend!

LissaL said...

Darkness always comes before the dawn. I always try to remember that, although sometimes it is hard.

Liz said...

Here it comes:)

Lis said...

I love how the blue in yours eyes just pops out and reminds us that blue skies are always above beyond those thunderclouds and fog ...

Yes, holding on for spring ...

and not to be a bummer, but a version of "the darkest hour is always just before dawn" that is so pessimistic it actually helped me to lighten up: "the darkest hour is just before everything goes completely black." Okay, maybe too much caffeine here ... but it shocks me out of my mood!

love to you
xo Lis