
Hi Guys,
I have had a wonderful time here blogging the last few months. Some days I post fun things and other days I almost feel like this is a diary of sorts where I have released some emotional stuff, it has been both fun and cathertic.
I have met the wonderful wishcasters and book bloggers over at Jamie Ridler's Studio as well as some amazing folks in some online classes that I found through the blogosphere.
The support I have found here has really touched me. There are so many stories to listen to and to share, it really is a small world. I have met some people I would have not met otherwise, especially those overseas as well as well as all over the USA.
It is the season of giving this time of year and I would like show my gratitude here at my blog with some giveaways.
All you have to do is leave a comment here with the answer to this question:
What do you do to put a smile on your face when you are feeling down?
So now on to the good stuff. I am offering 3 giveaways and here they are:
First Giveaway: A spot in the e-course Unravelling with the amazing, inspirational and generous Susannah Conway. I have just taken this course and it has been truly eye-opening and has moved me forward out of some stuck places. You can read more about it by clicking here: Unravelling: Ways of Seeing Self.
Second Giveaway: A $30.00 Gift Certificate to Michaels Art Supply.
Third Giveaway: A $30.00 Gift Card to Amazon.com
Good Luck everyone and I wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday season.
I will be choosing the winners on Friday December 4th.
Namaste,
Karen
37 comments:
Oh how nice! The answer to your question is eating lots of chocolate(old healthy me!), playing with my pets, talking to my lovely support group and last but not least blog! I seriously believe that blogging is a tool to fight depression!It is n't even a year that i started blogging but i have connected with you guys in so many wonderful ways!
Brightest blessings!
This is an awesome giveaway Karen!
What do you do to put a smile on your face when you are feeling down?
I do two things. The first thing is I put on music that makes me get up and dance! Dancing always releases tension and any bad moods. The second thing is I do something nice for someone else. That ALWAYS uplifts me and brings me joy even when I'm not so joyful at first. :)
Hey Karen -- well, first I brood about it. Then I do a tarot card reading and either feel better or get angry at the cards for not communicating clearly. Then I eat some pasta. Then I think about whatever is causing me to feel badly and figure out if I can do something about it. If so, I either do it or work out a plan of action. If there's nothing I can do -- I get on with my life and start acting happy until I feel happy (it works). And I apologize to the tarot cards for being mean to them.
What do I do to put a smile on my face when I'm feeling down?
I turn on my music, nice and loud (if I'm at work, I use my Bose headphones). And I usually grab a fountain drink of diet coke. They just taste better than the drinks in a can. :)
Oh hon..what a wonderful giveaway!! I will post a link too!!
Hmmm well when I am down and a bit cranky..I turn on the music and sing..lots of harmony and really loud!! It always lightens my soul!!
Hugs, Sarah
Seems I have quite a bit to learn about what's out there in computer land! Karen, thanks for the invite!
Just yesterday this question presented itself ALL DAY LONG. Family issues and a litany of phone calls just kept pushing the smile clean off my face! Leaf blowing and cutting back plants worked most of the day. It was getting cold and dark and the smile wasn't happening. So, I grabbed my car keys and asked my daughter if she wanted to go to Whole Foods with me as I needed solice in brie. Off we went. All Kait had to do was put on a goofy hat, take pics of herself on her phone and I was done. I was giggling, laughing and smiling down every isle!! Also playing with my cats with the laser red light!!
~~~waving hello from overseas~~~ *grin*
I truly enjoy your blog and have it in my feeds. :)
Aren't you beautiful. Thank you for your spirit, your generosity, your wonderful self.
hugs,
Jamie
I snuggle with my boys. There is no quicker way to my heart that to feel them close to me. I will also read a book, or pet my dog. Animals have such unconditional love; it is amazing. If after all of this, I still feel blue I opt for a tall java chip hazlenut frap from Star Bucks. Then, I avoid the scale for a couple of days.
wow, great giveaway. Thanks, Karen!
when i'm feeling blue, a snuggle from the hubster and my kitties will put a smile on my face. :-)
Things that make me smile when I'm down:
• Hanging with members of my family – we know each other so well and more often than not a laugh will ensue
• Watching “you’ve been framed” (a UK show of video camera blunders) or something from ‘just for laughs’ on youtube
• Looking at books on my favourite artists and/or making a bit of art work
• Getting some love and hugs from my partner and a supportive ear!
• Talking to friends
• Helping some-one else out – always puts things into perspective and puts a smile on my face
• Writing out a plan of what I’m going to do in the future so that I don’t get stuck in the present (negative) moment and I can smile at what goodies the future will bring and I can create if I am mindful enough!
Hi,
What do I do to put a smile on my face when I'm feeling down?
When at home, I turn up the music and play with my dogs. I love cuddling with my dogs, playing with them, loving on them. They just want to love you back! or sometimes, if my dauther is agreeable, we have a silly photo shoot, taking funny pictures. I love taking her picture.
When at work, I read blogs and look at pictures I have on my laptop of vacations, fun things I've done with family and friends.
Thank you,
Kim
SING REALLY LOUD especially to the song Trouble by Ray Lamantagne. REALLY LOUD
When I'm really down, I go into my back yard and look at my city chickens, Maya (named for Maya Angelou) and Sister Havoc. They are comical and wonderful and can always cheer me up. And they give me eggs to eat!
Jan
Wow, what a giveaway!
Smile:
dancing, listening to good music, reading a good book, looking through my daughter's alterd book, reading old love letters, Etsy treasures and Flickr Favs...
xo LaWendula
Without fail what will put a smile on my face when I feel like crap is seeing my grandchildren.
Renee xoxo
Wow talk about coincidence. I just got an email about the upcoming Unraveling course and was dreaming about the possibility. Then I find your comment on my blog and come to visit and.....that's in your giveaway.
When I'm feeling down my dog Scarlett can always put a smile on my face.
Wowza! What generous giveaway gifts. And I love the question you have posed. What do I do to put a smile on my face when I'm feeling down? Probably the most helpful thing is to get myself to a cool thrift store or a used book store, a place where I can browse and be delighted by unexpected finds. Thanks for asking . . .
Awesome giveaway, thanks for the opportunity to enter and win. What I do to put a smile on my face when I am feeling down, is to find a quite space and seek the Lord with all my heart, all my soul and all my mind. I find comfort in Him, that He loves me and wants whats best for me. I just pour out my praise to him for all that is going right in my life and lay everything that is not, down at His feet for Him to carry. I always walk away renewed with a small on my face and a spring in my step.
When I am feeling blue, the quickest way to put a smile on my face is to watch my daughter. If I can get past the impulse to push everything away from my grumpy self and see her example of being silly in the ordinary, it just lights my heart up. Just doing a little dance or making a silly face will have you just plain laughing at your self in no time. It feels wonderful. It's contagious.
What do you do to put a smile on your face when you are feeling down?
I write! I go within! I give! I treat others as I wish to be treated, especially when I am in that mood!
And speaking of giving, I have my own Rainy Day giveaway going on over at my new blog. Check it out!
You are so generous! What a beautiful idea to do a giveaway, I hope you are rewarded ten fold and positive energy comes pouring your way as a result.
What a lovely person you are! It has been a pleasure befriending you online and sharing wishes and experiences!
Wow these are very generous gifts! Let's see what do I do to put a smile on my face when I am stuck. hmmm. What would Collage Diva do...can you guess? Why collage! When I'm in a funk I push through it by pulling out some magazines or my stash of cutouts and then force myself to create. It may take some time but before you know it a magic spell clicks in and the pieces go together and I feel the magic. It puts a smile on my face very time. Creating any kind of art will do this but my first love is collage. You are a dear one for offering these goodies. I too am so ever grateful for the connections here in bloglandia. You have me now thinking about a having a gratitude giveaway.
Let the Sun bathing your body, the wind blowing to your hair & face, smell the green....and your lips will 'curve' up and SMILE.
You have such a beautiful, generous spirit! May you be truly blessed!
To put a smile on my face when feeling down, I:
1. Play and snuggle up with my kittens.
2. Play RockBand with my husband and son. It's such a hoot, especially when we sound horrible because it's just too hard not to laugh!
3. Take a walk and soak up nature. It never fails to calm and invigorate me.
4. Get silly with my girlfriends.
5. Feel the warm embrace of my love.
6. Get caught up in random acts of kindness.
Hugs to you!
What a fantastic giveaway!
What do I do to put a smile on my face when I am feeling down?
-snuggle with my hubby
-hold and pet our 17 yr old cat
-read
-put on an old fav. funny movie - like Tootsie or Mrs. Doubtfire
-create
All the best to you!
This is a great idea Karen. Blessings to you for thinking of it.
Well, when I am down the first thing I do is think of all the things I have to be grateful for that the Goddess has blessed me with. Than I look at the calendar to track my hormones (hehe). If it is something I am stressing over than I will do a tarot/oracle pull to see where I am at. If it is just a funk to get over than playing with my kitty and talking a walk out in nature always lifts my spirits, brightens my eye's and puts a smile back on my face.
Karen, what a terrific idea!
So what do I do to put a smile on my face when I’m down? I take all the dogs outside and let them run, frolic and just be silly. You can’t help but smile as you watch such pure joy and happiness. The generosity of spirit from those like Karen also put a smile on my face!
You are one generous lady, not just with this amazing giveaway, but in how you give your support and insight and share your creativity on a regular basis!
Here's a weird new trick. When I'm feeling down, I just let myself feel down. I'm really honest about it and just admit that I'm down and I see how that literally feels in my body. And then something about really calling it like it is, being that honest with myself and being with myself in that feeling and being OK with it, somehow opens up the space and lets in a fresh breeze. That feeling puts a smile on my face:)
Karen: You talk about the gifts you've gained through blogging, yet left out the fact that we've been given the gift of you and walking your journey with you.
More than anything else, though, thank you for coming to check on me. There's stuff going on, nothing bad, just feeling very fractured and distracted in my thought processes. So, I've come by and lurked to see what others are up to and remain quiet...but please know, I'm there.
Karen,
I usually look to nature,take the time to go outside~ take a walk or just sit in a warm spot. Listen to the birds, wind blow, sun on my face. Allowing these gifts of nature to lift my spirit.
I also live by the ocean so sometimes a drive out there and listening to the waves and forces of nature,wind on my face and the beauty of it all always makes me smile. I like to take my daughter and just sort through sea shells collecting memories~ Last but not least I love to sit down and create art work. I can not help but feel better and smile after I have let my mind slip into my world that has no right or wrong. Thanks for making us smile with such a lovely giveaway. May your happiness grow ten fold.~ Theresa
What beautiful sentiments and what generous gifts!
When I am feeling down, I put on some Dan Zanes music and dance with my little girl. It never fails to lift my heart, move the energy and bring a smile and a song to my lips.
When I am feeling down or blue, I sing the song "Raindrops are falling on my head..." My nana gave me a music box with that song for my 16th birthday. She knew I was a bit down and encouraged me to find the joy in everything. And I go to the beach for a lovely walk and sometimes I go to the bookstore and drink tea or hot chocolate and read for a couple of hours.
Lee/TaiChiLee33@aol.com
There are so many ways I can turn my frown into a smile, my creative art time, music, cuddling with my sons, holding my husband's hand, walking and enjoying nature... Your generous spirit and the gift of sharing yourself with us definitely puts a smile on my face!!!
What a fun and generous gesture! Hm... What do you do to put a smile on your face when you are feeling down? These days it is what I call my "James Brown dance break." It all started with the Godfather of Soul, but now even when it's something funky but not James Brown I *still* call it by that name.
Hi! found you through goddess school and went trolling through your blog. fun giveaway!
for me the best cure to a funk is 'the funk', i mean music - loud and dancing maybe no-one's-watching-molly-ringwald dancing...
Post a Comment