
Here is my truth for today...
I am sad, deep down in my soul sad.. trying to find my way to joy..
My song choices today fits my mood. I know there are many versions of the Hallelujah song but I really love the quality of Jeff Buckley's voice here. (click below)
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Then there is this Kenny Chesney song which I just heard recently and I would like to carry this song with me during this sad time, it gives me hope. The link is below as well as the lyrics.
Kenny Chesney/Dave Matthews: I'm Alive
So damn easy to say that life’s so hard
Everybody’s got their share of battle scars
As for me I’d like to thank my lucky stars that
I’m alive, and well
It’d be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I’m alive
And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessin' can’t you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I’m alive, and well
I’m alive, and well
Stars are dancin’ on the water here tonight
It’s good for the soul, when there’s not a soul in sight
But this boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I’m alive, and well
And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessing can’t you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Now I’m alive, and well
Yeah I’m alive, and well
Namaste,
Karen
5 comments:
Don't know your source of sorrow, but, {HUG}... Izzy
...must be in the stars or something, feeling deep down in my soul sad myself today. I hate when the sadness envelops me, like being in a dark well where you stare upwards searching for the pinpoint of light. The Jeff Buckley song definitely fits my mood, trying to wrap my heart around the Kenny Chesney song.
So sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Hoping today is an easier day. Sending a big hug your way!
Hope your feeling better soon, Karen! Thanks for your comment.
A big hug from LaWendula
You are not alone...I think many are having internal battles, saddness can be overcome...you are surround by much love and support. I truely adore the kenny/dave matthews song...may it help you through this time....remember you are alive! keep living and hoping for only sweetness in your life.
brandi
Post a Comment