Friday, January 15, 2010

A little spot of happy today


Hi Fellow travellers.

I know the news has been heavy with a lot of tragedy and sadness and I have been a little blue in my corner of the world also. I just wanted a spot of happiness in my day and I found it in 2 places.

The first was at Wrightstuff's blog, she reminded me of the song "Pocketful of Sunshine" this song just makes me smile. And she posted a beautiful sun art piece that she made, it is stunning, you can see it on her blog through the above link.

The second was at Silke's Metamorphosis Blog, Silke gave me an award today to my surprise, and she called me and artist and and inspiration, Wow I was blown away. Check out her blog for her happy pictures for today. Thank you so much guys for the spot of happiness in my week.

Lastly but not leastly I am gearing up for Jamie Ridler's Next Chapter, "The Happy Book" You can read about it through the above link!

Namaste,
Karen

7 comments:

Liz said...

Karen! That is so wonderful:) Silke is 100% right -- you are a wonderful artist and beautiful soul. Perfect description!

Silke Powers said...

Glad I could provide a spot of happy for you today! :-) To me it's especially important that we cultivate happiness in times of great tragedy - I think it helps uplift everything and sometimes that's one of the only things we can really do... So glad I found you and your blog!! Hugs, Silke

brandi said...

~your picture above is beautiful...says happy in so many ways...congrats on your award...brightest blessings~

WrightStuff said...

Pleased to bring a bit of sunshine to your life. It cheered me up too.
Thanks for the link!!
Take care and stay happy!!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Great to see you happy! :D

Grammy said...

Hi I would love to add to you fun. Please join in on the deck of me challenge.I have more info and the link to it on my last post. I also send you a big smile and hug. May your days be filled with sun shine and joy.

Beverley Baird said...

Thanks for those links. It is hard sometimes to maintain a joyful spirit, especially in the face of such tragedy.
Sometimes it is even the day to day stones in our path that trip us up (I had one of those weeks)
Staying positive really is a struggle at times but I am trying to do so more often.
Glad you are in Kathryn's course as well!
Still haveto finish my house!
Take care.