Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday: What do you wish to awaken?


Hello fellow wishcasters and dreamers today over at Jamie Ridler's Studio the wish prompt is "What do you wish to awaken".......WOW........

These words are just what I needed this morning. What do I wish to awaken?

I think I simple wish to WAKE UP to myself, to my connection to the universe, to my creative soul that is full of healing, love and compassion. All that is needed is for me to WAKE UP and start living my life.

Honestly I feel like I have been asleep on some level for a very long time. I feel the urge to wake up getting stronger this last year.
My mind is still resisting the call and my body still prefers to hibernate, but the stirrings are there.
I just need to grab on to them and hang on tight and as our fellow wisher Sarah says "let fly".

And once I awaken to self, it is my wish that I don't go back to sleep as the poem below says. This poem came to mind immediately upon reading Jamie's words this morning.

So my fellow wishers what to you wish to awaken this fine day?

Namaste,
Karen

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill
where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.
"Rumi"

19 comments:

Jane said...

Consider joining us at 52 Projects. It sounds like you could take some steps to awaken so many things and we are there to cheer you on! As you wish for yourself today, I wish for you also!

Lis said...

The Rumi poem is absolutely perfect! Thank you for sharing it!

I am reminded of a line from Hafiz:

"Awake, my dear.
Be kind to your sleeping heart.
Take it out into the vast
field of light
And let it breathe."

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Jai Bhagwan ☀

brandi said...

~may your whole inner being feel alive...be aroused...WAKE and allow itself to run free...roam...explore all you wish to see and do...as Karen D wishes for herself so I wish for her too...beautiful words below...brightest blessings~

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Diva Kreszl said...

As dear Karen wishes for herself I so lovingly wish for her also! I so understand as I am feeling many of the same stirrings within myself.

alisha said...

i can so relate to what you just wrote.

as karen wishes for herself, so i wish forher also.

CP said...

♥the not going back to sleep... so poignant. Thank you for that post.

As Karen wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Karen the gentle awakening of ♥Self♥
~Shamsi

Sulwyn said...

As Jane wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Awakening is lovely and scary, embrace the journey.

Suzie Ridler said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also

A gentle morning nudge that says, "Good morning sleepy head."

Giulietta the Muse said...

Hi Karen,

I'm so with you on this one. It's like most of the world is sleepwalking, hypnotized by all the distractions. One of my goals is to wake up the entire world! Did a guest teleseminar on this topic, not yet released to the world. Soon I hope!

Here's to emerging from our collective stupor!

Giulietta

Anonymous said...

Love your wish!!

As karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!!

Wendy said...

As you wish to awaken, so I wish for you also. Lovely poem.

Rochelle said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I feel like I am also just "waking up" and it is mostly a great feeling until I get impatient that things don't change the way or as quickly as I want (per the egg incident you commented on!). ;->

Sheila said...

Oh yes Karen you're ready to awaken to yourself again, I can hear it in your wish. Open up to possibilities that come your way. As you wish for yourself I wish for you.

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also. Here's to awakening your spirit!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. :)

Sarah Lulu said...

As wide awake Karen wishes for herself, I so lovingly wish this for her also.

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Karen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!!
Oh hon..I was touched to see my name and words here!! Even more so because I have been learning so many things about being unravelled this last few weeks..how I have been not Letting Fly with certain parts of me...sadly mainly the silly goofy ones!! Thanks to you hon..I am finding a way to awaken those parts of me again!!
So great big hugs and a big "Let Fly" to both of us hon!!
Hugs and Namaste, Sarah

Amelia said...

Hi there,

Inspiring as always! do you have an email contact?! I can't find one on your blog. Please email me at: ameliacritchlow@hotmail.com - just wanted to talk about art workshops in september ;)

Amelia.x