Sunday, January 3, 2010

Something to meditate on...


I find myself home sick these first few days of the New Year and at first it got me down, thinking what a sucky way to start the year off. Then I actually stopped and changed my thoughts, I thought hey I have 3 days off of work so I have time to rest and recoup from this chest cold and get it out of the way before I get on with my year.

I have been reading alot during this down time and thought I would share quotes or passages from book and share my thoughts here. I will post these posts under "Something to meditate on".

Todays passage comes from Lao Tzu:

"If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be truly be fulfilled.
If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself.
Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."

I really like this passage as I can sometimes get stuck in that feeling that I am not enough or my life is lacking in some way and now I would like to take the the time to look at what I do have in my life, there is truly a lot to be grateful for.

So this year I will try to notice where my thoughts start heading down that negative spiral and as best as I can I will try to change those thoughts and see the grace and gratitude in my life.

Signing off now for a chicken soup break!
Peace to you all.

Namaste,
Karen

7 comments:

Kim said...

Karen,
Wonderful quote, thank you so much for sharing. I hope you are feeling better soon! Kim

Diva Kreszl said...

sweet Karen, hope you are on the mend real soon and that the New year is full of promise and joy filled days!

Liz said...

Oh, I really needed that quote -- thank you! Hope you feel better soon!

Suzie Ridler said...

Hope I can achieve that kind of personal wisdom too. It's hard to want things that are not a reality ATM. Hope you're feeling better soon and my camera is set to the "yum" setting. LOL! Actually, the key is getting as close to natural light as possible and then take a gazillion pics and hope one looks pretty good, very challenging here in the darkness of Nova Scotia.

Amelia said...

I love quotes like this. so true and inspirational! Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking I want to put some good quotes on a post. I get so many ideas for posts (or maybe they aren't so good - I just think they are!!!) and don't know where to begin and have to pace myself.

Here's to a great 2010 and I have just said I would like to look into sharing the cottage on the unravelling group page!

Lol,

A.x

Amelia said...

hope that rambling comment made sense :0!

A.x

Melita said...

you couldn't have found a better quote - absolutely perfect!! i am so glad that when you started to feel down about the situation you turned it around. i wish everyone did that. no good can come of a pity party lol. hugs to you sweetie - hope you are feeling better now. :)