Monday, November 8, 2010

Art Every Day of the Month Day 7 and 8


Happy Monday Everyone!

I have been noticing while participating in Leah's Art Every Day of the Month and Fearless Painting over at Connie's Dirty Footprints Studio that i am loving flow and shape on paper. 

I am trying out different mediums, these two were made with oil pastels and metallic markers.  The process of  filling in the blanks with lines and color has been very meditative.  I'm not even concerned with the end result just the enjoyment of it.

I am also using this post as my post for Lisa's Monday inspriration

Have a good day and may you find some time to create.

Namaste,
Karen

4 comments:

Leah said...

Great shapes, Karen! I'm glad you're enjoying trying different mediums!

Liz said...

Beautiful! Look at you and your lovely oil pastels, my dear:)

Anne Butera said...

Great that you're just enjoying the process. Really inspiring!

Lis said...

ahhh ... what joy ... i know what you mean about finding process meditative ... sometimes i will paint foreground objects and then think "damn, now i have to fill in the background" but actually, i enjoy that process of slowly painting my way around each shape, focused only upon filling in the spaces.

i am so excited to have you in the Tribe of fearless painters! and congrats on over a week of daily creativity :)

xo lis