Monday, November 1, 2010

Art Everyday of the Month and Monday Inspiration



Happy Monday everyone.  I am participating in Leah Piken Kolidas Art Every Day of the Month over at Creative Everyday.  The painting for today is for a workshop I am taking with Connie over at Dirty Footprints Studio and today is was all about just putting paint to paper for me, no final outcome in mind.

I had a hard time at first not having a final product in  mind while painting but as I continued to just move the paint around the paper I really enjoyed the flow I began to feel.  I want to say it was almost musical and I have no idea why I say that, it just was.

The painting is still wet and the lighting stinks since it was late but I was committed to posting something today for the first day of the challenge, it gave me a wonderful sense of accomplishment and I found it was quite relaxing also.

This will also be my post for Lisa's Dandelion Seeds and Dreams inspiration Monday.

I hope you found some time to create today.

Namaste,
Karen

5 comments:

Lis said...

Look at you go, Fearless painter! I love your color choices and the movement of the segments in the piece. initially it is hard facing a blank page with no idea what to do, but it gets easier, especially when you remind yourself you are doing this for the pleasure of the experience, not the final product. amazing things happen when "we" step out of the way and let creativity have her way.

i can't wait to see what you do this month ... although, where did October go?!

xo love,
Lis

Lily said...

So funny - I just added this to my blog, too! I sat down and played with my new oil pastels. Simple but fun!

Hugs,
Lily

Morgaine Pendragon said...

It's awesome! I'm hoping to take the Fearless workshop the next go around.

I just discover Art Everyday of the Month. I'm going to give it a go along with NaNoWriMo.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Love the flow. It is indeed musical in it´s movement.

Liz said...

Love this! And what fun that you're doing Art Every Day! So much beauty to look forward to here:)