Hey Dreamers, Wishers and Creators.. I am checking in today with a post for Wed Wishcast over at
Jamie Ridler's Studios and AEDM DAY 10 at Leah's Art Every Day of the Month. I have been using Jamie's wishcast prompts as inspiration for poetry writing as I am a newbie and can use all the inspiration I can get. Today's wishprompt was "How do you wish to grow older? Turning this around a bit a wrote a poem to my older self, here it goes:
A note to myself as I grow older,
Did you stand in your truth as you grew bolder?
Did you share your story through image and word?
Did you keep speaking until you were heard?
Did you find healing in living the creative way?
If not that's alright.. there's always TODAY!
And the AEDM is another shape picture I drew, I have been drawing these to test different mediums. Today I used watercolor pencils. After shading in all the areas I then applied water to half and left half dry.
Have a great day and may you find time for wishing and creating.
Namaste,
Karen
9 comments:
As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.
Great picture for AEDM!
Love the poem to your older self - as Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.
Your poem is a wonderful response to Jaimie's prompt. It seems like you are riding a creative wave! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also. Namaste.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I loved the fact that you treated yourself gently even if you hadn´t achieved what you had planned and gave yourself another chance
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I too used those pencils. Great way water brings out more colour.
:) What a terrific poem! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. Don't you love having these prompts???
wow, what a great poem. :)
Oh, so much beauty here! Love the artwork and the poem. You go!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
Hi Karen - cool to see you on Amelia's course :)
Post a Comment