![]() |
| My Dad and Me... |
In keeping with my plan to combine poetry exercises with each Wishcast I wrote the below poem for my Dad and others in my life, those I knew and those who I did not get to meet. The wishprompt was what do you wish to celebrate.
I wish to celebrate those who have gone before me
dear ones I knew and others I never got to see
they paved the path that now stands before me
each playing a part in who I’ve come to be
though they don’t know their effect on me
their stories are part of mine, that I can see
Wishing is happening right now over at Jamie's Ridlers Studios.
May all you wish for come to be.
Namaste,
Karen

10 comments:
anniversary dates can be hard. sending you big hugs. it's a lovely poem. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.
Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dad 7 years ago. I can't empathize, as I have yet to lose a parent, but you know I can at least a little, considering my present circumstances. Big, huge hugs to you. I'm sorry you had to experience this (and so young) and that you continue to. Life is so ephemeral, isn't it?
I send you love as you remember your dad on the anniversary of his passing.
I will wish you healing from your sadness while honouring his memory
Love your beautiful, heartfelt poetry! As you wish for yourself, so I lovingly wish also.
It takes a true effort for us to be kind to ourselves and allow for a gentle and quiet time-I wish you calm and peace in these next few days. Your poem was so touching and lovely, thank you for sharing it. Celebrate your memories well and know that I wish for you as you wish for yourself Karen.
Sending you love, as this will be the 10th round of holidays without my own father. Thank you for sharing your poem and yourself with us.
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
Very beautiful, and what a sweet picture. As Karen wishes to remember and celebrate her loved ones, I wish for her also.
A wonderful poem. May the good memories of your Dad comfort you. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also. Namaste.
The passing of a parent is always hard. I lost my father over 20 years ago but each October it is still hard. My heart goes out to you. As you wish, so I wish for you, too.
Hey Karen,
Sorry I didn't happen to stop by on the actual anniversary of your father's passing to bear witness to your honoring him and your other ancestors. But I am here now and your poem is beautiful.
Hugs,
Lily
Post a Comment