tree in midday sun taken with iphone using instagram app
Today the wishprompt is "What Limits do you wish to set?" I have to admit when I first read this I was hesitant, I mean setting limits seems so.................limiting, for a better word ;-)
The more I thought about this, the more the thought appealed to me, you mean I don't have to do it all? WOW! this idea of setting limits can actually be quite freeing.
Here are some limits I wish to set:
* I wish to limit my online time and spend more free time outside taking pictures, lately I have really been into tree pics as you can see above. I love the shapes that the branches make against the skyline and no two are alike.
* I wish to limit the time I spend worrying about just about EVERYTHING. Maybe I can start a worry journal practice where I sit for a few moments each day and just let the worry flow out, and then be done with it for the moment. ( I know what you're thinking, good luck with that one Karen, well it's worth a shot)
* I wish to limit the time I spend reading fiction books and throw in some non-fiction books here and there. I have been on a fantasy/sci-fi kick lately and I have so many good books waiting on the sidelines.
* I wish to limit the number of e-courses I sign up for. I just can't do as many as I want and they start to add up financially, even the less expensive ones. I have come to realize paypal is NOT using monopoly money (lol). Seriously watch out guys, e-courses are addicting!
* I wish to limit or suspend rather the disbelief in my skills as an artist/writer. I am a beginner and there is nothing wrong with that.
So my fellow wishers where are you willing to set limits and as always as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.
Have a beautiful day.
Namaste,
Karen
16 comments:
i can't tell you how i have loved coming here and soaking up the goodness.
i really love the worry journal. growing up with a mom who was such a worrier and
some of that being in my daily grind. i love the simplicity of a journal. to let it flow. i think i might make a couple for other girls in my family. it is a terrible terrible thing to pass on.
peace.
i love to read the wenesday wiscasting, as you wish i also wish for you
As you wish for yourself I also wish for you. I could use several of the limits that you set for yourself.
Yes! As you wish this for yourself, I too wish this for you. ~M
I love the idea of a worry journal... I am a worrier (I think the fact that I grew up with a mother who worried as well as the terrifying situation of being on my own with 2 kids to provide for creates this habit in me) and there are many many times where I could really use a safe space to "set down" the burdens...
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.
I love this. I really do. Oh, I hear you on pay pal. It is real!
As you wish, so I wish for you.
As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.
Enjoy your creative time, what a gift you are giving to yourself. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.
So many good wishes -- I can relate to all of them. I too am spending more time with my camera -- it's so much fun! Your tree photo is lovely! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also. Namaste, Gina
I think what I love most about Wishcasting Wednesdays is seeing just we are not alone. I'm seeing so many shared wishes, and it offers such encouragement.
Wonderful wish--I could feel so much of it resonating with me!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.
Those sound like such yummy, self-nurturing wishes - yay! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well!
Hooray for the worry journal! This seems like a brilliant idea to me:)
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!
Powerful ideas. The journal might work as it takes the idea from your brain and onto paper for safe keeping. I hear you on the e-courses. In my case they are all free and still the time that needs to be invested is taking a toll.
As Karen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Wonderful list. And this - "Maybe I can start a worry journal practice where I sit for a few moments each day and just let the worry flow out, and then be done with it for the moment." - is such a great idea that I might just use it myself.
As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also!
This has really resonated with me today. Thank you for giving me so much to think about!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.
Post a Comment