Thursday, November 4, 2010

Art Every Day of the Month Day 4

Broken
Hi!
Today for Leah's Art Everyday of the month I am posting the above picture I took in October and my thoughts on it as I look through a creative scope as a way to tell my story.

Here is my thoughts on the picture:
I feel broken at times and this picture is perfect for that - this is a mirrored fence at "Storm King Art Center" and I find this really tells a clear story of how I feel and where I feel broken.. my root.. my core.. but then I see my foot moving foward and I know I am on my way to putting myself back together.

May you find time to create today.

Namaste,
Karen

6 comments:

Liz said...

Wow!! Such a cool photograph, Karen. And love what you have to say about it. Hooray for Art Every Day!

Leah said...

What a cool pic, Karen. I like your reflection on it as well. (no pun intended!) :-)

Suzie Ridler said...

Is that a mirrored fence? How bizarre! Yes, I can totally relate to the broken image of me too. Now about the cheese bread...

...Absolutely Karen! You would need to proof the yeast in the warm (not hot!) water with the sugar first and then add it to the dry ingredients and then finally add the cheeses. Now I have never done it but I do not see why it would not also work. Make sure you have a warm home and give the dough lots of time to rise, at least an hour. I like to put mine in the microwave with a hot glass of water to make sure it is warm enough.

Lynna G said...

This is wonderful. I can relate to this metaphor. it's such a cool photograph and resonates on many levels

Lynna G said...

This is wonderful. I can relate to this metaphor. it's such a cool photograph and resonates on many levels

Grace said...

Whoa! What a powerful image! How many of us can relate to the times in our own lives when we've felt fractured and in pieces.

Love that you are seeing your way forward...one step at a time!