Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wishcast Wed: what do you wish to invite in


loving taking pictures with sunflare.. they are magical
Hello my fellow wishers and dreamers.  Today over at Jamie Ridler's Studios the wish prompt is "What do you wish to invite in?

I have been very quite these last few weeks and I am coming to see that in November I slow down and instead of wondering what is wrong and why I feel down I am realizing it is a natural feeling for this time of year.   The days are shorter and colder and I just want to read a good book under the covers and eat LOTS of carbs! 
November also has the anniversary of my Dad's passing and my body holds that memory even if my mind doesn't  want to think about it, so this leaves me feeling a bit low also.

Next year I would like to remember this and honour my rhythm of slowing down this time of year by not taking on too many projects that I just won't finish and this way I won't beat myself up for not doing enough.

In keeping with my goal of combining wishcasting with poetry exercising here is my wishcast poem for "What do I wish to invite in?"

Invite in the stillness that comes with slowing down
Invite in the smile when I’m feeling the frown
Invite in the compassion the faith and the trust
Invite in the creative, this one’s a must
Invite in the expansion of an open heart
Invite in the knowing each day holds a new start

I wish all my American wishcasting friends a very happy Thanksgiving filled with love and nourishment and I wish my Canadian friends a happy belated Thanksgiving ;-)

Namaste,
Karen

14 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

Slowing down is good, Just as you wish.. I wish for you today.. xo
Love you. xo hugs fr ND, bonnierose

Biomouse said...

Always such a pleasure to read your poetry and I really relate to the slowing down and eating lots of carbs thing ;) As you wish for yourself Karen D, so do I truly wish for you.

brandi said...

~karen on this day and always your mind be at ease...losing a loved one so hard but remembering and honoring him as you are is the best you can do to keep his spirit alive...a beautiful ppoem filled with such nourishing words for us all to absorb...as you wish for yourself so i wish greatly along with you for all these to come to be in your life...wishing you a wonderful holiday ahead...much l♥ve and light always shining brightly upon you~

Amanda said...

Beautiful, Karen. Thank you for your poem.

As you wish for yourself, so do I.

ShanLeigh said...

Simply lovely.

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

Blessings, Shannon

Marilyn said...

lovely. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

Lovely! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

Unknown said...

Lovely poem and beautiful photograph. Natures reminder of the rhythm of all things.
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too. Blessings.

Suzy said...

I've been the same way. BRING ON THE CARBS! Yee-haw! But, if we were all energetic and joyful year-round it wouldn't feel so good and refreshing when we finally felt that way again come Spring. (Don't you love my round-about optimism?) I find I really feel emotions, sensations etc. so much more strongly when I have recently experienced their opposites. So, something to look forward to... 4+ long months from now!
Loving the blog redesign, BTW. xoxo, S.

Tammy said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

Anonymous said...

As Karen wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.

Daydreamer said...

good point! I'm having a rough November, and I appreciated reading that.

Liz said...

As always, I can so relate to this:) Hoping you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you.

Anonymous said...

Karen, it took me a long time to figure out the link between slowing down, going inward, and the loss of my mom. Now I make honoring her part of my annual tradition. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.