I have been trying to find the balance over here. I am so affected by my environment, soaking up the good and the bad that In times of stress, it is hard for me to find the balance. I came right out of an emotionally stressful time in my marriage this winter to the busy season at the accounting office. I feel off kilter and overwhelmed, like I haven''t had a moment to just stop and BREATHE.
There are so many creative things I could and want to be doing...but...I get home from work and plop on the couch with my fiction novels and just veg. I was starting to feel bad about doing this and then a friend said to me that it seems like I am in survival mode, and in a sense I was. The struggles in my marriage rocked my sense of security straight to the core. I have not had much time to process what happened and we have decided to try to work things out so that is hopeful but I still feel the effects of this in my body and spirit.
I used to hate to admit that I was a sensivitve person, like there was something wrong with me because of that. The reality is that I am a highly sensitive person and the sooner I embrace that fact the sooner I can learn how to honor my self and find balance during tough times . I now see there are many positive aspects to being sensitive also.
I have been able to spend some creative time with my iphone taking some pictures and I have found that music truly soothes my soul. I am sharing an old favorite here today. It is by Loreena McKennit and It is titiled "The Lady of Shallot" Her voice has a magical quality, it transports me.
Namaste,
Karen
3 comments:
Oh, I love The Lady of Shallot too! It usually makes me cry.
I used to feel bad about being HS too. I actually love it now. Yes, we get overwhelmed. But we would never know that feeling of listening to the Lady of Shallot. We would never know the wonder of a ladybug. We would never delight in the hundreds of things that move us. It is a GOOD thing. Embrace it and do self care. Fall in love with your HS self like you fall in love with music, images and poetry.
Be easy on yourself, dear friend:) I know - easier said than done:) Sending best wishes for a lovely balance!
a bigWARM hug to you.
Post a Comment